Religious Studies Educational Writers Islam Specialists Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol
- Religious Studies Educational Writers Islam Specialists
- Zigzag Education
- Bristol ENG
- 07 Sep, 2017 30+ days ago
Zigzag Education Bristol urgently required following position for Religious Studies Educational Writers Islam Specialists. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Religious Studies Educational Writers Islam Specialists Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol Jobs Details:
Pay from £17,645 to £18,598* per annum pro-rata
Full time, fixed term contract (6+ months)
This is an opportunity for graduates to share their knowledge and
enthusiasm for the study of Religious Studies through paid
positions writing educational resources that our customers –
teachers throughout the UK – will use in their class to teach
GCSE and A level Religious Studies.
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory to A Level students, and covering unit specifications.
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
- A Religious Studies specialist with a specialism in Islam
- A detailed knowledge of Religious Studies including degree-level study of Islam
- An ability to adapt and improve methods of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- An ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject!
- An ability to write about religion from a neutral, educational perspective
*To qualify for the higher salary rate you must have 3 A*s at A Level and a 1st class degree in the subject, or a completed PGCE, or at least a year’s full-time experience writing similar educational materials. One position is available: 6-month initial contract starting ASAP. There is a strong possibility of further publishing opportunities – including writing, checking and/or editorial work.
Skills & Qualifications Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong interest in the subject area, backed up with an excellent academic record
- Strong research and analysis skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, and to communicate ideas and knowledge with clarity
- Ability to write in a creative, yet clear and coherent style
- Related degree (2:1 or higher)
- Minimum of 2 As at A Level
- Grade A in a related A Level (or equivalent qualification)
- PGCE and/or teaching experience
- Experience of writing in a professional context, e.g. freelance educational writing
- In-depth knowledge of Buddhism or Judaism