Communications Manager Jobs Vacancy at Andromedan Ventures Ltd London
Andromedan Ventures Ltd London urgently required following position for Communications Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Communications Manager Jobs Vacancy at Andromedan Ventures Ltd London Jobs Details:
Purpose of the role: - To use media relations to create awareness of and engagement with company, its work, services and products
- To provide an efficient press office service, managing media enquiries and issuing press statements and case studies
- To develop and manage company's social media strategy, and to create a wide engagement, to develop engaging and compelling content, and to plan social media schedules
- To measure and report on both press coverage, editorial impact and social media reach
- To generate and manage content for staff facing channels including newsletters and intranet
- To write and manage the production of an annual review of company's work
- Develop media relations strategies for specific strategic priority areas, themes, projects, and campaigns in order to meet business objectives
- Work with other Marketing Managers to implement communications activity globally, including promotion of projects and regional centres
- Influence and build relationships with the media, journalists and key stakeholders
- Keep abreast of topical issues and long-term media coverage in the fields in which company operates in order to target appropriate outlets for potential coverage of all activities
- Create stories, commission positioning papers, and write and produce press releases and articles to achieve above coverage; identify appropriate means of distributing press releases and maximising press coverage in different countries by, e.g. pursuing and managing relationships with external PR agencies and collaborating with Marketing Managers and staff in company centres
- Support Publishing Sales & Marketing team to promote publishing products through print, broadcast and social media
Increase engagement with social media platforms, primarily: Facebook, YouTube, Linked-In, Google+
- Develop new consolidated blog platform, with growing numbers of internal and external contributors, and increased readership.
- Create store of engaging content, plan and deliver the content via media and social media according to timetabled distribution plan
- Working in conjunction with HR, develop an internal communications plan and manage internal communications channels, including newsletters and intranet (SharePoint)
- To manage the corporate messaging elements of the Companyincluding news and About Us sections.
Candidate profile: Knowledge & Skills
- Sound understanding of PR techniques including writing for print, online and broadcast media and speeches/presentations, as well as working with journalists
- Sound understanding & experience of successful social media plans and implementation
- Excellent communicator: Articulate, persuasive and confident; provides clear, concise verbal and written communications. Offers views and opinions to enhance discussions at all levels and can make decisions. Openly communicates in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge or qualifications in agriculture / bioscience
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Significant experience in a PR or Communications role
- Experience of managing and implementing successful social media campaigns
- Experience of working in International Development arena
- Team player: Works effectively with a wide range of individuals, including senior directors and scientific staff to achieve company's aims. Able to achieve goals through persuasion and diplomacy
- Results driven: Sets challenging goals. Self-motivated. Looks to continuously improve processes. Highly organised but flexible to change. Actively prioritises activity and meets deadlines
- Embraces change: Has a positive outlook on new developments. Challenges status quo to create improvement. Seeks input from others to generate best solution
- Creative thinker: Relishes finding ways of achieving positive press coverage and delivering innovative social media campaigns
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities. Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
- Communications: 1 year