Operations Engineer Environment Configuration Release Jobs Vacancy at Metro Bank Plc
- Operations Engineer Environment Configuration Release
- Metro Bank Plc
- 20 Jun, 2018 30+ days ago
Metro Bank Plc urgently required following position for Operations Engineer Environment Configuration Release. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Engineer Environment Configuration Release Jobs Vacancy at Metro Bank Plc Jobs Details:
- Can you lead on all things Linux? Do you have in-depth knowledge of staging systems? Do you want to join a Bank that puts customer experience before anything else? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Engineer – specialising in environment, configuration and release, you will be working as part of our Live Operations team who make sure the Bank is kept operational as we continue to provide an amazing service to create fans. You will be our expert on Linux and drive continuous improvements to processes and staging systems whilst you manage system updates and third line support.
So what will you be doing…
- Supporting the near-live systems that provide a test platform for the release cycle
- Overseeing the production release process
- Maintaining near-live environments
- Providing support for the release cycle
- Leading a small team of release engineers
- Analysing and troubleshooting all stages leading up to live release
You need to be this kind of person…
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Experience with Unix / Redhat Linux, including shell scripting
- You will have an excellent understanding of Oracle or SQL Server
- You will have previously worked as a IT Engineer
- The ability to administrate applications on Linux and staging systems
- Experience running live systems
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!