Senior Data Architect Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London
Transport For London London urgently required following position for Senior Data Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Data Architect Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London Jobs Details:
Organisation- Technology and Data
Job- Data Analytics
Senior Data Architect
£50,000 - £60,000 + Excellent Benefits
North Greenwich, London
Data and Analytics
Providing a host of data products and services, Data and Analytics drive better decision-making and improved customer services. Our data scientists, analytics and tools help customers in all kinds of ways - from improving their journeys and providing useful information, through to delivering refunds when things go wrong, and enhancing our operational services and planning.
In order for TfL to make sense of the data sets held within the organisation and convert those data sets into working formats to be presented to the business, there is a need to model the data we have to ensure we are using the correct data sources and understand how they effectively join together.
You will form part of the development streams and are accountable for the creation and maintenance of conceptual, physical and logical data models.
- You will build models to the standards in both process and documentation.
- You will build and maintain data models within the model repository
- You will craft Physical and Logical data models in line with the Conceptual model.
- Generating the Data Definition Language (DDL) used to create/amend the database schema for each environment it will be implemented into.
- The migration of legacy data models into the target model, including importing existing data models from new sources to generate a data model.
- You will be liable for the database standards in terms of naming conventions and schema design within models produced.
- You will ensure the physical models produced by the data modellers are aligned and support the needs of the business in regard to performance, data quality and simplicity.
- You will produce data modelling artefacts as agreed in the delivery framework to the required quality standards
- You will facilitate data modelling sessions with senior level business owners to create the data model for new or enhanced data sets.
- You will create project logical model during the requirements analysis phase, and ensuring any changes to the conceptual, logical or physical models as part of a project are captured and the significant models updated.
- Understand Business Intelligence, Data warehousing, Data modelling and taking care of big data
- Understand star schema structure & design, understanding of Kimball & Inmon data warehouse design
- Understand Agile development approach
- Understand principles and practical steps to implement master data management
- A degree in a significant technology/computer science subject or equivalent technical qualification
- Understand national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act, including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of customer information.
- Understand London’s public transport system
- Committed attention to detail, to ensure accuracy in data mapping documentation.
- Understand the need to assimilate new information quickly and accurately.
- Understand standard computer packages
- Understand to build strong working relationships with colleagues and external partners.
- Deep understanding to communicate all needs, instructions and decisions clearly.
- Experience of operating in a dynamic working environment, handling tasks and deadlines, delivering to time, budget, and quality
- Experience of developing, publishing and maintain mapping documentation
- Experience of working on data warehouse development projects, preferably using software techniques such as Agile.
- Deep understanding with a data modelling tool such as Erwin.
- Experience with writing SQL and running queries on multiple database technologies in support of data analysis.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 25th March 2018 @ 23:59
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
- Final salary pension scheme
- Free travel for you on the TfL network
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
- 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
- Tax-efficient childcare payments
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- Discounted Eurostar travel
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
Transport for London values the diversity which exists in our city, and our aspiration is to reflect this diversity in our workforce. All employees must be aware of and committed to the Equality Policy Statement of Transport for London.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with other Company requirements associated with Equality and Diversity issues relevant to their job.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.
TfL has voluntarily been committed to following Section 17 since 2006, but we must all make sure that it is considered in decision making, policies and procedures in the same way that equality and health and safety are.