Marketing Events Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sudlows Manchester
Sudlows Manchester urgently required following position for Marketing Events Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Marketing Events Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Sudlows Manchester Jobs Details:
Due to the continued expansion of our award winning technical services company, we have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and flexible Marketing & Events Assistant to join our team. We have over 240 staff and have achieved recent growth with ongoing expansion plans. Sudlows are keen to recruit candidates who will be part of this ambition and are keen to demonstrate initiative and new ideas.
The position of Marketing & Events Assistant is primarily responsible for providing support to the Marketing Executive & Head of Marketing in the delivery of the marketing plan which would include direct involvement in all corporate events, trade shows and seminars, providing logistical support, administration and general marketing duties. The successful candidate should be confident, enthusiastic with a willingness to learn and grow in the role.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Marketing team in the successful delivery of all corporate events.
- Assist with logistical planning, stand build, bookings, guest list and event management of industry expos, technical seminars and exhibitions in the UK and Dubai.
- Assist with writing press releases, case studies and additional content for the company blog, internal documentation and presentations.
- Assist the Marketing Executive and Head of Marketing.
- Write and proofread copy.
- Upload material to the website, social media pages, press clipping archive and marketing department databases.
- Liaise with graphic and website designers and printers.
- Help with presentations by assembling videos, slideshows and analyses of competitors.
- Visit and attend trade shows and exhibitions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven experience in a previous marketing role.
- Experience of liaising and communicating with colleagues from operational to senior management level.
- First class communication skills, personal confidence and the ability to influence and persuade others is essential.
- Exceptional skills in managing a heavy workload and conflicting demands, whilst consistently producing high-quality work to tight deadlines.
- Digital experience with Social media platforms inc Hootsuite, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Knowledge and experience of WordPress and web editing skills.
- Written, proof reading and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Packages – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite InDesign, Photoshop etc.
- Excellent research skills and competitive analysis.
Planning and Organising:
- Ensure successful event administration for all exhibitions and events.
- Ability to work unsupervised for periods.
- Ability to organise own workload.
- Ability to prioritise work and deliver to tight deadlines.
- Able to maintain accurate and timely records and budgets as required by the role.
- Able to negotiate with Suppliers to ensure value for marketing budget.
- Identify and know how to solve everyday job-based problems in liaison with Head of Marketing.
Working with People:
- Able to establish a rapport with service users as necessary e.g. partners, suppliers
- Understands how to encourage and influence people to get the best from them.
- Understands the needs of others and able to respond accordingly.
- Able to communicate factual information politely and courteously.
- Has everyday spoken skills e.g. telephone and face-to-face conversations.
- Has good written skills appropriate to the job.
- Able to listen, observe and report information to line manager.
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Rate: To be negotiated dependant on experience.