Senior Infrastructure Solution Design Implementation Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Colt Technology Services London
- Senior Infrastructure Solution Design Implementation Specialist
- Colt Technology Services
- London ENG
- 13 Sep, 2017 5 days ago
Colt Technology Services London urgently required following position for Senior Infrastructure Solution Design Implementation Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Infrastructure Solution Design Implementation Specialist Jobs Vacancy at Colt Technology Services London Jobs Details:
Senior Infrastructure Solution Design & Implementation Specialist
Job id: 3013
Job location: London, LND, GB, EC2A 3EH
Colt provides network, voice and data centre services to thousands of businesses around the world, allowing them to focus on delivering their business goals instead of the underlying infrastructure.
Role Title: Senior Infrastructure Solution Design & Implementation Specialist
Role Location: London
- Own and lead end-to-end design & build of IT Infrastructure of Colt for existing and new infrastructure for Colt’ BSS, OSS, CRM & ERP solutions in the UK, Europe, Japan & US.
- Build High-Level & Low-Level Designs and lead technical implementation & configuration of all IT Infrastructure and system platforms covering Dev/Test/UAT/Pre-prod and Production environments.
- Manage & lead architecture & Deployment of IaaS, PaaS and Cloud solutions across entire infrastructure estate of Colt IT.
- Manage infrastructure and application integration up to middleware level from low level hardware infrastructure layer covering intra-application platform integration, high availability, disaster recovery, data security, data replication and data integrity.
- Own & lead development and management of enterprise level infrastructure strategy covering vital areas of BSS & OSS Solution Platform Design, Data Centre Transformation, clustering, open source, DR across all Colt IT Data Centres and Nodes in UK, Europe, Switzerland, Japan, US.
- Manage & lead platform design & deployment for high performance & capacity platforms and support closely in infrastructure performance & capacity troubleshooting issues.
- Design, Implementation & Configuration Leadership of entire infrastructure using Cisco UCS, HP, Dell, IBM compute, EMC & NetAPP Storage, Veritas Backup, Cisco Network (switches, routers, Load Balancers, etc.) , Security Firewalls, Oracle & SQL Server databases, Middleware (Weblogic, WebSphere, etc.) and VMware ESXi/VDI/vSphere/vRealize virtualisation technologies for Dev, Test, Pre-Prod, Prod & DR Platforms of Colt’s IT Infrastructure environment.
- End-To-End Infrastructure platform architecture, deployment and configuration of Colt’s CRM solution on Oracle Siebel, ERP solution on SAP technologies and various BSS & OSS application solution platforms of Colt.
- Build & Delivery of Low-Level Solution Architecture of the end-to-end infrastructure solution in Data Centres of IT based on UCS-VMware, Cisco UCS and Network technology and integration & management of Physical & Virtual Infrastructure with EMC VNX & VMAX and NetApp storage systems, Veritas NetBackup, Databases and Middleware Technologies.
- Implementation of Platform Security solution using Colt IT’s security/firewall systems, security solution delivery & Operations support teams.
- Provide critical Go-Live & Post Go-live support for all Colt IT project Infrastructure platforms
- Work closely with Colt IT Data Centre Operations, Application ERP, CRM, BSS, OSS, Product and Portfolio, Corporate Security, Data Protection & Audit and other teams in different Colt divisions.
- Work will be based on site at Colt House (Central London Colt office) and also include travel and work from IT Data Centres in Powergate Business Centre at London North Acton, King John’s Court Data Centre (Central London), LUC in Amsterdam, Hanuer Lanstrasse in Frankfurt, Zurich & other locations as per requirements of projects and infrastructure delivery & operations support requirements.
- Hands-on work in data centres of Colt IT with Data Centre Operations and IT Infrastructure technical delivery & Operations teams.
- Production deployment/Implementation deliveries will mandatorily require out-of-office hours, weekend and bank holidays work as per requirements of projects and infrastructure delivery & operations support requirements.
- Coordination, Liaison with various other business, Telco Service Delivery, Engineering, Customer Operations, Product and other teams from different business divisions & functions of Colt.
- Ownership & Co-ordination with technology vendors, suppliers and Colt vendor/supplier management and procurement teams.
- Report to Colt IT Infrastructure Director and work very closely with other technical senior leadership team of CIO organisation.
- Has developed knowledge of the individual technical support area and has a broad knowledge of other areas. Has experience at applying this knowledge to support Colt's technical functions.
- Manage relationships with vendors and third parties.
- Strong experience of design, install, configure VMware ESX, ESXi, within vSphere 4, 5 and 6 environments with vCentre management, vMotion, VDI and vRealize technologies.
- Specialisation in Infrastructure system design, implementation, integration and data centre transformation using Cisco UCS, Network, EMC & NetApp Storage, Veritas Netbackup and VMware & Other Cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of design, build, configuration and deployment of VMs, VMware automation and templates, Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) and Virtual-to-Physical (V2P) on IaaS and PaaS migration of Windows, UNIX, SOLARIS, RedHat Linux on IaaS and PaaS based on VMware Virtual environments using VMware auto provisioning using vRealize as well as non-VMware Open Source solutions- KVM, Ansible.
- Strong understanding of architecture, design and operations of EMC Clariion (CX, CX3, and CX4), VMAX and VNX SAN environments.
- Strong understanding of NetApp FAS/V-Series Architecture, Configuration and Setup.
- Strong knowledge of iSCSI, NFS, and Fibre Channel protocols, Fibre Channel cabling, switching, and zoning.
- Advanced expertise and experience of CISCO UCS and V-Block, HP, dell, Solaris infrastructure design & setup.
- Expert level capability to manage and plan analysis and troubleshooting of advanced level capacity, performance, etc. issues of VMware View, Cisco UCS, Network, EMC & NetApp Storage & Veritas Backup infrastructure systems.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure platform design & deployment for SAP Basis & SOLMAN & Siebel application systems including HANA DB, Oracle/SYBASE/SQL Server databases.
- TOGAF Certification mandatory in architecture/design
- Certification required in CISCO UCS & VMware
- Certification required in CISCO Network
- Certification desired in Storage- NetApp/EMC
- Graduate or Higher
What we offer:
Colt is a growing business that is investing in its people. We offer skill development, learning pathways and accreditation to help our people perform at their best, regardless of role and location.
In addition to offering competitive salaries and incentive plans, a range of benefits and local rewards packages are offered to staff. Colt recognises the importance of a work life balance.
Some benefit examples are:
- Flexible working and relaxed dress code
- Two days annually to spend on volunteering opportunities
- Pension and insurance options
- Access to a virtual business school for on-going learning
- Business mentoring
- Discounts with local hospitality and retail providers
Job Segment: Implementation Manager, Oracle, Database, ERP, System Administrator, Technology