Cad Engineer Hvac Jobs Vacancy at Dyson Malmesbury
Dyson Malmesbury urgently required following position for Cad Engineer Hvac. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cad Engineer Hvac Jobs Vacancy at Dyson Malmesbury Jobs Details:
You will join a growing team of design engineers in Dyson’s NPI group focussing on design and developing the next generation of heating/cooling strategies for new and existing categories demonstrating new core technology and a complete system design approach.
The successful candidate will be expected to bring innovation to integrating mechanical, aerodynamic and electromagnetic concepts while considering the impact on performance. You will deliver design solutions that:
- Stretch the boundaries of speed, power/torque density and efficiency in electric motor systems in a number of different applications
- Demonstrate a complete system approach to product layout considering discipline and product requirements
- Meet target specifications such as cost, size, weight and efficiency within the planned timeline of each research project
- Are reliable and fit for purpose to satisfy life requirements and to help achieve product guarantee periods
- Comply with all relevant International Standards
- Are innovative / novel with strong / high value IP for Dyson products
- Communicate clearly and effectively the results and project status to a broad spectrum of associated project members and senior management
- Be responsible for delivering parts, assemblies and systems from concept to proof of principle.
- Develop 3D CAD, engineering drawings and tolerance stacks for mechanical and electrical components and assemblies along with test rigs and assembly jigs.
- Deliver designs, concepts and detailed ideas for future parts/sub assemblies and layouts for associated products that meet specification requirements and that are optimised for low cost, high volume manufacturing
- Understand and apply engineering analysis tools such as FEA and hand calculations to develop concepts and validate designs
- Work with other project team engineers to ensure product performance, reliability and cost expectations are met
- Challenge and develop Dyson engineering practices to continuously improve efficiency
- Demonstrate clear presentation of technical information and supporting documentation to ensure accurate transfer to other teams within Dyson.
Education and experience:
- A degree in a relevant engineering, science or product design discipline with a demonstrable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems.
Minimum technical experience and knowledge:
- Ability to use 3D computer aided design (CAD) software packages
- Ability to produce technical drawings
- Strong hands on ethos with workshop experience
- Enthusiasm for a design build test iterate, design process
- A creative and agile mind, and a desire to develop your design and development skills in a fast pace environment
- An ability to demonstrate a thorough approach to reasoning and problem solving
- An ability to work in both a cross-functional team environment and independently
- Demonstrate strong motivation to get the job done
- Ability to orchestrate work across a number of different projects and platforms simultaneously.
- Knowledge of tolerance stack analysis