Security Officer Caretaker Amersham And Wycombe Jobs Vacancy at Buckinghamshire College Group Amersham
Buckinghamshire College Group Amersham urgently required following position for Security Officer Caretaker Amersham And Wycombe. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Security Officer Caretaker Amersham And Wycombe Jobs Vacancy at Buckinghamshire College Group Amersham Jobs Details:
Rotating across Amersham and Wycombe Campuses
This is a Range 3 post and the salary for this post is £18,442 plus a 12.5% shift allowance.
- To undertake general maintenance and DIY duties in accordance with the College Maintenance plan (e.g. painting, plumbing blockages/leaks, changing light bulbs, hanging shelves, etc).
- To prepare meeting rooms for the day’s business as required and ensure that they are left tidy and secure at the end of the day.
- Carry out daily routines as per instructions.
- To undertake internal /external patrols of the building and car park as required to check fabric and fittings of the building and report/resolve/record problems as appropriate.
- Carry out weekly fire tests across all buildings and record all findings.
- Ensuring grounds are free of litter and presentable.
- To assist with incoming/outgoing mail and deliveries on daily basis, following College procedures.
- To be available for emergency call-out.
- Other duties commensurate with the grade of the post at the direction of management.
- Carry out full lock up of buildings and grounds when on the late shift which entails checking all rooms, turning off equipment, closing windows, blinds, lock rooms, check fire exits clear etc.
- To carry out unlock procedure when on early shift which entails unlocking of gates and main entrance working alongside Security.
- To provide first class customer service. Welcome students, staff and visitors to the College checking ID cards, ensuring strict entry criteria is followed at main reception and other entrance points.
- To greet customers following College procedures and working with the Receptionist to ensure excellent customer service is provided at all times. Cover switchboard across the shift.
- To unlock/lock up the building/grounds at the beginning and end of working day.
- To be alert to incidents of disruption/danger and follow appropriate procedures for the protection and safety of staff, students and the public.
- To undertake internal /external patrols of the building and car park throughout the day/evening to ensure security, fabric and fittings of the building and report/resolve problems as appropriate.
- To operate a CCTV and other security systems daily.
- Use computer to check and/or produce ID cards, produce/issue parking permits, check emails
- Use the till to take payments for various reasons and cash up daily.
- To work within a rota system which includes being ‘on-call’ evenings and weekends and supporting events held out of hours.
- Be able to work alone confidently and as part of a team on a daily basis
- Hold an SIA Licence.