Oracle Dba Jobs Vacancy at Barclays Fleet
Barclays Fleet urgently required following position for Oracle Dba. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Oracle Dba Jobs Vacancy at Barclays Fleet Jobs Details:
Barclaycard Business Solutions is a portfolio of B2B2C (business to business to consumer) businesses including merchant acquiring, commercial payments, offers and point-of-sale (POS) finance.
Making our clients more successful is at the heart of what we do. We are unique. We are the only business in the UK which can make and take payments, putting us in a unique position to offer a broader choice of payment solutions and products to our B2B customers.
- As a member of the Infrastructure Team, the primary function of this role is to proactively monitor the company’s Oracle databases to ensure that reliable, effective and efficient service is delivered to our clients in line with Service Level Agreements.
- The individual will have knowledge of relevant database technologies to effectively manage and pro-actively enhance the development and production environments of The Logic Group database applications
- To be responsible for database releases and version control. Also to ensure that all sources and data are safely archived as required by company procedures supporting the quality service that this process is providing.
- Proactively handle incident resolution demonstrating the ability to handle multiple concurrent service issues using escalation as and when required whilst ensuring that colleagues and customers are kept fully informed of progress.
- Apply necessary systems diagnostics to formulate resolution plans understanding when and how to escalate issues as appropriate to business needs.
- Oracle 10g & 11g
- Microsoft SQL
- Networking – working knowledge
- Oracle performance tuning and Oracle replication (Data-guard / streams)
- Banking experience
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.