Sales Forecasting Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Imperial Tobacco Bristol
Imperial Tobacco Bristol urgently required following position for Sales Forecasting Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Sales Forecasting Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Imperial Tobacco Bristol Jobs Details:
Imperial Tobacco is a FTSE Top 25 organisation and one of the world's leading tobacco companies with a global footprint spanning more than 160 countries around the world. Our UK Sales Market (ITUK) is the UK tobacco market leader manufacturing and distributing a wide ranging portfolio tobacco brands including factory made cigarettes, fine cut tobacco and other tobacco products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Forecasting Analyst to join the Insights and Intelligence team to maintain the sales forecasts for the UK and Ireland (UK&I) Cluster. Responsibilities include incorporating input from internal and external sources to preparing accurate forecasts in a timely manner.
The successful candidate will be expected to produce accurate sales and market forecasts for UK&I products as required that support efficient supply chain operations planning and stock delivery. The role holder will also be required to create and maintain forecasting models that support UK&I total market, profit and business planning processes.
Evaluate Market Momentum Trends & Influences
- Consolidating local reports and internal data to predict future trends, estimating the likely impact on future volumes.
- Combining available internal and external data to inform the development of the forecast.
- Generating the baseline forecast for the overall market and for market shares.
- Modelling new product introduction variables.
- Incorporating latest sales and customer information to align stock availability with orders.
- Incorporating insights on other local events, competitor activities and distributor events.
- Collating information on product introductions, product lifecycle timelines and new launches to inform the development of the Cluster forecast.
- Forecasting the impact of product launches.
- Identifying and communicating performance gaps against targets and suggesting areas for improvement.
- Publishing final forecast report for discussion at the cross-functional meeting to inform forecasting decisions.
- Liaising with Finance to ensure the forecast has been communicated for financial modelling.
- Checking the final data in CPS and releasing to supply planning.
- Maintaining and monitoring data to ensure it is refreshed if necessary.
- Liaising with relevant departments following changes / launches to ensure accurate forecasting.
- Maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders in Manufacturing & Supply Chain.
Skills & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an operational or strategic forecasting role
- A good understanding of the drivers of demand shifts and of the competitive landscape
- The ability to apply insight routinely and to make recommendations on improvements
- Highly numerate and accurate in order to produce detailed forecasts and to calculate return on investment
- The ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders based in other locations (such as Ireland, Germany and Poland) and to communicate well at all levels, along with the ability to influence stakeholders in other functions
- The ability to draw conclusions from vast amounts of data and to produce insightful summaries, and the ability to make decisions based on ambiguous or limited available data
- Process focused and operationally organised
- Good presentation skills - proficient with Powerpoint, with the ability to produce presentations for senior leaders
- Proficient with Excel
- The ability to work unsupervised and to tight deadlines
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.