Tax Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Land Securities London
Land Securities London urgently required following position for Tax Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tax Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Land Securities London Jobs Details:
Purpose of the role
We are looking for an individual to join our tax team. This is an exciting opportunity to work and train at a FTSE 100 company. The role includes assisting with the group tax reporting and compliance obligations, as well as advisory projects. They will support the Tax Managers and Director of Tax.
The candidate will join a team of five members and is part of the Tax, Treasury and Insurance Team.
- Preparation of tax computations and tax accounting for the Group and associated entities.
- Liaising with the accounting and commercial teams.
- To support on tax advisory projects and assignments.
- Assisting with queries and notices from HMRC.
- Assist with other tax filings such as Stamp Duty Land Tax returns, withholding taxes and group payments.
- Supporting the wider business areas with tax matters.
The candidate will study towards professional accountancy and/or tax qualifications (e.g. AAT, ACA and/or CTA). Prior tax experience is not essential.
If part-qualified in an appropriate professional qualification, support will be provided to continue studying.
Knowledge and skills
- Team work - ability to work with other teams around the business e.g. Statutory accounts and commercial teams.
- Problem solving - methodical and analytical approach to their work.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Communication - able to explain concepts and requests clearly.
- Time management - ability to prioritise tasks and balance work with studying.
- Integrity and trust – strong work standards and ethics.
Experience of accounting and tax software packages would be an advantage but not essential.
- 3 A Levels at grades A*- C, excluding General Studies.
- 5 A*- C at GCSE including Maths & English Language.