Highways Inspector Jobs Vacancy at Sutton Council Sutton
Sutton Council Sutton urgently required following position for Highways Inspector. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Highways Inspector Jobs Vacancy at Sutton Council Sutton Jobs Details:
Kingston and Sutton are two neighbouring outer London boroughs working in strategic collaboration to improve the environment and its services for residents. They are attractive places to live and work with good commuting links across London, and with the surrounding counties.
Kingston and Sutton have created an ambitious Shared Environment Service for the Enforcement and Highways and Transport functions with a vision to enable the delivery of sustainable boroughs with diverse transport networks and a quality environment for all to enjoy. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new approach which is sharing services across Councils and breaking the mould of the traditional delivery model. The focus is on achieving financial savings while maintaining the quality of services and improving their sustainability.
An interesting opportunity has arisen to work in the Highway Operations Inspectorate Team. The successful candidate will be a self motivated individual who will work as part of a team of dedicated inspectors to ensure that the public highway is maintained in a safe condition for all users.Their duties will include routine inspections of the Public Highway responding to complaints, quality checking our highway contractor’s work and also compiling reports on behalf of Kingston Councils Insurers arising from accident claims against the Highway Authority. In addition they will be required to report any other highway related issue onto the relevant team or external agency as appropriate
The Successful Candidate will require
• Sound knowledge of highways materials and construction
• Basic understanding of highways legislation
• Basic knowledge of health and safety requirements on site
• NRSWA Accreditation or willing to qualify
• Be computer literate
• Must possess full, clean driving licence and provide a vehicle insured for business use
• Experience of using highways legislation
• Experience of working within a highways environment
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good numerical skills
• Proven negotiating skills
and must have the ability to:
• Work on own initiative with minimal supervision and to tight deadlines
• Be able to work outdoors for long periods in all weathers, and cope with stairs and rough terrain
• Liaisie with contractors to ensure a consistent quality service
• To demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance with the Council’s Equalities Policy.
For an informal discussion about the roles please contact the Senior Professional Engineer Mark.Murphy on 020 8547 5998 or email email@example.com
To apply for this position please go to the link below:
Advert Closing Date: 11/03/2018