Hostel General Manager Yha London Oxford Street Jobs Vacancy at Youth Hostel Association London
Youth Hostel Association London urgently required following position for Hostel General Manager Yha London Oxford Street. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Hostel General Manager Yha London Oxford Street Jobs Vacancy at Youth Hostel Association London Jobs Details:
An opportunity has arisen to manage our YHA at London Oxford Street!
A modern backpacker’s hostel, we offer comfortable but affordable accommodation in London’s West End. We have 104 beds over 36 rooms (all have shared facilities). As we’re close to some of London’s biggest attractions (London Eye, Madame Tussauds, and the dungeons to name a few…) we’re very busy all year-round.
As the Manager, you’ll be responsible for effectively managing the Hostel to achieve and exceed current KPI’s and customer satisfaction levels by:
- Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained at all times
- Achieving 5 star standards of cleanliness
- Driving sales opportunities and controlling Profit & Loss
- Managing, developing and motivating all employees
- Establishing and maintaining great relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Continually seeking areas for improvement to the overall products and service within the hostel
- Proactively reviewing and responding to customer feedback
- Ensuring the maintenance of the building remain to the highest possible standard
In order to be a great Manager we are looking for people who can:
- Demonstrate previous management experience within the hospitality industry / hotel industry
- Show previous experience of managing, developing and motivating others
- Analyse monthly Profit and Loss Accounts to drive and increase performance
- Demonstrate previous experience of managing and delivering a Food and Beverage function
- Show a good understanding of YHAs culture and values
- Put the customer at the heart of everything you do
Please note there will be a requirement to work frequent evening and weekend work on a rota basis to meet the needs of the business.
You’ll work hard for us and here’s what we’ll offer in return:
- Health & Well-being; BUPA health cash plan, discounted gym membership, cashback and discounts at hundreds of high street/online shops….
- Work & Development; Flexible working opportunities, support with continual learning and development, a generous annual leave allocation…
- Unique to YHA; The chance to work in amazing locations, 10 free Hostel stays per year (for you and up to three guests), 5 days volunteering per year, FREE YHA Membership and more!
Please note: In order to become an employee at YHA you must be able to produce evidence of your Right to Work in the UK. YHA is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. The role will be subject to DBS check. The suitability of all prospective employees or volunteers will be assessed during the recruitment process in line with this commitment.
Job start date:
Job end date:
No. of Vacancies: 1
Working hours: 42.5
Accommodation is not provided as part of the contract