Operations Client Relationship Manager Vice President Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Stanley London
- Operations Client Relationship Manager Vice President
- Morgan Stanley
- London ENG
- 19 Jan, 2018 30 days ago
Morgan Stanley London urgently required following position for Operations Client Relationship Manager Vice President. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Operations Client Relationship Manager Vice President Jobs Vacancy at Morgan Stanley London Jobs Details:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Operations division is both the first line of defence for protecting Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being, and an essential partner contributing to the firm's growth. Facing off to all Morgan Stanley businesses and interacting with all other parts of the Firm, the Operations division supports a complex, multi-faceted portfolio of businesses in full compliance with regulatory guidelines and the directives of the Operating Committee and Board of Directors. Members of the Operations team have a unique vantage point as the division touches all parts of the business, front to back. One of the largest divisions in the firm, Operations has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, we continually strive to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Vice President/Senior Operations Specialist in the role of Operations Client Relationship Manager (OCRM). The role is part of the Institutional Client Services (ICS) Group within the Client Operations Division which is part of ISG Product Operations. The role will report to the Global Head of Operations Client Relationship Management (Executive Director) based in London. This position is to be located in London.
The OCRM team is responsible for establishing and maintaining Operations relationships with our Focus clients. The OCRMs work across Ops departments and across asset classes to service clients. They partner with line managers within the processing teams to advance industry and firm initiatives, resolve client issues, and serve as a central point of escalation for clients. OCRMs also partner with the front office Senior Relationship Management group and Sales. They conduct client visits to review performance metrics/scorecards, to identify opportunities for improvements, as well as areas of success.
Product and functional teams that we interact with include Fixed Income and Equity Cash; Rates, Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives; OTC Clearing; Listed Derivatives; Prime Brokerage; FX; Commodities; Sec Lending; Loans; Collateral Management; Indications; Portfolio Reconciliations; Reference Data and Client Onboarding.
- Serve as senior point of escalation for Morgan Stanley?s top revenue generating clients for operational issues across products and ops functions.
- Develop and enhance client relationships, at multiple levels, by providing exceptional levels of client service.
- Expertly navigate the Morgan Stanley organization, across divisions, to deliver timely and accurate issue resolution to complex, business critical issues which may include communication with senior stakeholders within Ops and the BU.
- Organize and lead face-to-face meetings with key senior managers at our focus clients, including service providers.
- Partner with Daily Processing teams to identify key Ops issues, trends and efficiency opportunities that can be addressed with clients with the goal of enhancing STP.
- Assist clients as they go live with OTC Derivatives Clearing by ensuring their operational and reporting needs are met. Partner with OTC Clearing Sales, Onboarding and processing teams to ensure ongoing support of clients for this new product.
- Participate in join client meetings with SRM, Fixed Income and Equity Sales, PB and OTC Clearing CRM to discuss overall operations performance, business opportunities and means to improving operational efficiency.
- Lead projects and initiatives that will further advance the OCRM strategic vision of providing value added services to our focus clients.
- Represent MS on Industry forums (eg: Advisory Groups, Panel Discussions, and Working Groups).
- Coordinate, establish agenda and lead Roundtable discussions and provide product specific training to clients.
- Conduct client surveys across products, publish and communicate consolidated semi-annual client feedback report.
- Support and manage Strategic Client Officer program across products and keep supporting documentation/metrics updated.
- Track client feedback and action plans to address follow ups and concerns raised from client visits or surveys.
- Work with Metrics and IT teams to deliver integrated reporting and enhanced web portal capabilities (eg: Matrix, Client Scorecard).
- Keep abreast of current and upcoming product and functional specific industry initiative related topics. Be able to provide high quality value added insight to key clients.
- Maintain active dialogue with various vendor relationships and industry utilities across product and functional areas.
- Play an active role in talent development focused on incoming and existing staff across operations.
- Regularly provide backup coverage and group oversight for team members during busy periods and/or during client travel.
- Familiarize oneself with location strategy related topics and ability to apply focus on key product and functional areas going through transition.Qualifications
- Significant experience in the financial industry within Operations processing roles
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in one or more asset classes (Equity & FI Cash, Rates, Credit and Equity OTC Derivatives, OTC Clearing, Listed Derivatives, FX, Loans, Sec Lending, Commodities)
- Proven experience with external institutional client communication and interaction
- Strong listening and verbal/written communications
- Good presentation skills
- Proven ability to work across global departments to build credibility and strong relationships
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and setting strategy
- Ability to lead virtual teams and deliver on global initiatives
- Ability to independently navigate the Morgan Stanley organization
- Involvement in Industry initiatives via working groups, advisory groups or panel discussions
- Established relationships with the vendor and industry utility community.
- Familiar with location strategy
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.