Configuration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby
Rolls Royce Derby urgently required following position for Configuration Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Configuration Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby Jobs Details:
An amazing opportunity has arisen for a Configuration Management (CM) engineer in our Engineering Services department. The role involves performing a range of engineering related activities in support of Submarines Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP) configuration control including design change and validation of configuration information.
You will be expected to use CM best practice to achieve the ongoing maintenance and upkeep of CM data in the CM tool sets. The role will include working closely with the electrical and mechanical engineering design teams. Support to current and future business improvements will also be part of your role. Also, interfacing with external organisations will be required.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support.
- Ownership and management of the configuration products within the CM tool set.
- Manage customer authorisation ensuring all supporting documentation, forms and trackers are accurate.
- Support the business in line with critical programme dates.
- Support the design teams and ensure all supporting documentation is correctly aligned to the product definition.
- Review formal CM documentation and publish to the Corporation Customer Facing Business Units (CFBU) within expected cost quality and time.
- Attendance as a CM representative at internal and external meetings.
- Educated to HNC level or equivalent with relevant experience in a computing or engineering discipline.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of generic product lifecycle and an understanding of product breakdown structures.
- Able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to represent the Company to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of Teamcenter and NX would be advantageous.
Create power for life. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The role is subject of Full UK security clearance.
Job - System Design
Primary Location - UK-MID-Derby
Schedule - Full-time