Executive Support Associate Jobs Vacancy at Internews London
Internews London urgently required following position for Executive Support Associate. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Support Associate Jobs Vacancy at Internews London Jobs Details:
Roles & Responsibilities
Executive support: 50%
- Oversees all arrangements and preparations for Board and Committee meetings including papers preparation, venue logistics, and trustee travel support.
- Works closely with CEO to aid trustee forward planning and internal communications.
- Minute taking of all board meetings and provision of official governance record keeping.
- Works with trustees to ensure accurate personal records and statutory information is held and securely stored. Ensures such information is supplied to Companies House and the Charity Commission in a timely manner.
- General executive assistance to the CEO: travel planning/booking, expense reimbursements, diary management, support to/attendance at external meetings, general correspondence.
- Attends management/senior management meetings and responsible for an up to date action and decision log.
- Working closely with the CEO and Global Communications Team to support and cultivate relationships with media contacts in the UK and elsewhere in Europe
- Support to CEO in organising, designing and preparing speaking events or any other outreach event
- Assists with content and management of social media channels operated by the London office
- Other corporate (ad-hoc) special projects as required
Office management: 50%
- Leads general office administration: call handling, front door, post etc.
- Support to facilities management: oversight of cleaning and maintenance contractors, management of office supplies
- Responsible for ensuring a clean, safe, tidy and professional office environment at all times
- IT: Liaising with the IT helpdesk to troubleshoot computer problems and backing up and updating network files as necessary
- Ad-hoc administrative support to other departments as required
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at varying levels of seniority and public profile
- A commitment to the highest standards and service in professional administration
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, and build collaborative working relationships
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to gain trust of senior colleagues through careful handling of confidential information, acting with the utmost discretion at all times
- Ability to set priorities, handle multiple assignments and manage time effectively
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and demonstrate a calm, confident and flexible approach to work
- Understanding of the social media environment
- Proficient in Microsoft and other common software application packages
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Relevant higher academic qualification/s or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge of charity and company governance requirements in England and Wales
- Working experience in other international development NGOs or similar organisations
- Knowledge of international development, independent media and/or issues around the freedom of information
- Experience of events management/organisation
- Publishing/document design/photography skills
- Additional international language skills, especially French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian
- Closing date for applications: asap
- 1 st interviews w/c 21st of May
Candidates must submit a succinct covering letter of no more than 2-pages explaining how they satisfy the requirements of the person speciation in addition to a CV highlighting relevant experience.
The successful candidate will also be asked to provide three professional referees, one of whom must be from their most recent employer.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the job holder a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.