Scottish Office Blantyre Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Debra
Debra urgently required following position for Scottish Office Blantyre Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Scottish Office Blantyre Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Debra Jobs Details:
Reports to : Head of Retail Administration
Location : DEBRA Office – Blantyre
Hours: 35 pw
Salary: £15,743 pa
The Administrative Assistant will contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of DEBRA so that the needs of people with EB, their families and carers are met and to contribute to DEBRA’s purpose and mission.
Main Activities Shops Administration:
- To co-ordinate the shop opening process from inception to completion, liaising with suppliers and internal staff, ensuring that all the relevant parties complete their actions.
- To co-ordinate the shop closing process ensuring all service providers are contacted to cease services
- Co-ordinate the distribution of the shop opening pack as per the shop opening form
- Maintain the quarterly consumables orders for the shops
- Maintain a database of Health & Safety inspection issues from the seasonal checklists and circulate the checklists quarterly for completion ensuring they are returned by the deadline
- Handle all shops related insurance claims; liaising with our insurers
- Assist with coding of invoices when required
- Assist with all mailshots
- Act as the main reception point for visitors and deliveries to the Office, ensuring all visitors are greeted promptly, efficiently and in a professional manner
- Act as first point of contact for all incoming telephone calls to the office, answering all calls in a professional and helpful manner. Route calls to the appropriate member of staff as necessary and take messages / follow up as required
- Maintain office archive filing
- Arrange for courier items to be dispatched and ensure mail is ready for collection at end of day
- Attend regular Retail Administration meetings as required;
- Undertake other duties at the direction of the Head of Retail Administration.
- Computer Literate
- Good word processing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Logical and analytical approach to work
- Good organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience of charity sector
- Knowledge of retail activities and administration
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
As the tasks and responsibilities of this post can be varied and at times unpredictable, the post holder is expected to be flexible when tasks and responsibilities not covered by this document have to be undertaken.
DEBRA Ltd reserves the right to vary these duties from time to time in line with the changing operational needs of DEBRA Ltd.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make, please download an application form HERE. Return to HR@DEBRA.org.uk and contact for more information or queries.