Manager Operations Excellence Authorisations Div Jobs Vacancy at Financial Conduct Authority London
Financial Conduct Authority London urgently required following position for Manager Operations Excellence Authorisations Div. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Operations Excellence Authorisations Div Jobs Vacancy at Financial Conduct Authority London Jobs Details:
Manager, Operational Excellence - Authorisations Division
The salary range will be approximately 65,000 - 85,000 GBP plus a competitive benefits package and non-contributory pension.
Background At the FCA, we're creating a fair and more resilient financial system. We're establishing more transparent relationships between financial services and their customers, building trust in financial markets and protecting vulnerable consumers.
The Authorisations Division is responsible for protecting the 'gateway' through which individuals and entities are regulated. The Division has clear statutory responsibilities with a direct link to the FCA's objectives of protecting consumers and the stability of the financial sector, while promoting competition and minimising perceived barriers to entry.
The Division's strategy is to make good decisions, efficiently, by professional and motivated staff, to ensure that we have satisfied customers and partners who respect us. The Division is responsible for assessing effectively and processing:
- Applications for FCA authorisation, registrations, variation of permissions, cancellations and approved persons;
- Applications in respect of change in control and waivers;
- Passport notifications and transfers of business, and
- Registration of mutual societies.
This is an excellent opportunity to work closely with the Senior Leadership Team in Authorisations and with our HR & Finance partners to play a key role in helping to deliver on the Division's priorities. It is a chance to develop skills in innovation; leadership; problem-solving and gain a broader overview of the work of Authorisations as a whole. The post will report to the Head of Department for Approved Persons, Passporting & Mutuals who has overall responsibility for our Operational Excellence function.
What does this job involve?
- Team management: Ensuring that the team of Associates is supported in terms of the necessary skills, resources, processes and systems. Plans and manages the logistics of team member assignments. Coaches and mentors individuals to build succession plans. Recognises potential in others and sets stretching goals to challenge and develop future talent. Leading the team through the changes arising from the Delivering Effective Authorisations programme, move to Stratford, Brexit etc.
- Stakeholder management: Responsible for building and managing effective relationships with relevant stakeholders in order to deliver good regulatory outcomes.
- Monitoring and control: Continually developing and reviewing performance, MI and qualitative feedback to identify continuous process and people improvements
- Change management: Able to lead on behalf of Division/Department in projects which have a bearing on their function, ensuring that our approach remains appropriate for the changing needs and demands of the business. Understanding of the changing landscape of legislation and in the markets and able to adapt appropriately.
- Strategy Development: contributes to the development of the strategy and priorities for our operational teams.
- Flexibility: Ability and desire to work with all departments and teams across the division gaining a breadth of knowledge.
As Manager you will be responsible for leading a team of eight on the following:
- Rolling out an Operational Excellence programme across the Authorisations division;
- Workforce planning and demand forecasting
- Operational Management Information and the publication internally and externally of Key Performance Indicators
- Divisional budget management and forecasting
- Quality Assurance
What will I get from the role?
- The opportunity to influence the future shape of operating practices;
- Improving end to end processes, liaising across the division as well as with supervisors, firms and other stakeholders;
- Freedom to exercise and display sound judgement and initiative, following through issues and leads;
- Demonstrating clear and logical thinking though oral and written work;
- Becoming involved in a breadth of activities and developing an understanding of a wide range of issues and topics as you undertake management of different business areas;
- Excellent relationship management and networking skills; and
- Developing and supporting a team to achieve their full potential.
Which minimum, essential & desirable skills are required? Minimum We're a signatory to the Government's Disability Confident scheme. This means that we guarantee an interview to any disabled candidates entering under the scheme, should they meet the minimum criteria for a role.
- Managing in large operational environments (A proven track record in managing teams with volume processes, with experience of implementing new solutions and driving change)
- Developing and deploying CI/Lean/OpEx type techniques in an operational environment;
- Operational workforce planning including demand forecasting
- Excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Excellent relationship management skills to enable credible engagement with senior internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills
- The ability to make appropriate risk-based decisions based on the information available and analysis undertaken
- A 'can-do' attitude with a proven track record of being able to work under pressure
- Producing high-quality work to tight deadlines
- Trained in Lean/CI/OpEx techniques
- Experience of working in an operational control or regulatory environment.
The job family for this role is REG D and applications close on 06/12/2017.
Selection process Stage 1: On-line application, please submit your CV and answer to the following application question:
Why do you believe that you are suitable for this role? Please ensure that you specifically relate your answer to the criteria listed in the job advert, covering your relevant skills, technical knowledge and competencies. (Max 300 words)
Stage 2: Screening - your application will then be forwarded to the recruiting managers
Stage 3: Selection & assessment process - this will involve an assessment day as well as a face-to-face competency based interview.
For internal applications, please contact Bridget Donkor on Bridget.Donkor@fca.org.uk or Mike Wells if you have any questions about the role.
For external applications, please contact Tanzina Begum on Tanzina.Begum@resourcesolutions.com if you have any questions about the role.
This role will be based in London, Canary Wharf, with a planned move in 2018 to a new site in The International Quarter, Stratford .