General Assistant Heathrow Production Bond Stores Dish Wash Jobs Vacancy at Gategroup London
- General Assistant Heathrow Production Bond Stores Dish Wash
- London ENG
- 01 Nov, 2017 30+ days ago
Gategroup London urgently required following position for General Assistant Heathrow Production Bond Stores Dish Wash. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Assistant Heathrow Production Bond Stores Dish Wash Jobs Vacancy at Gategroup London Jobs Details:
To work as a General Assistant across all the short haul & long haul operations as outlined within the organisation. To work flexibly across all the "Main Duties & Responsibilities" as outlined below, on any airline accounts and as directed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities: To follow all operating procedures in the course of your duties to the best of your abilities.
- To ensure the work area is kept safe and as clean as possible.
- Maintain high standards of quality, hygiene, health and safety in line with customer/company specifications
- To ensure that the standards of cleanliness and house-keeping are within the guidelines laid down in the Company procedures.
- To report all accidents and take the necessary preventative action.
- To be able to communicate effectively both verbally and non-verbally at all levels.
- To ensure that relevant entries are made in the diary log and that the log is checked at the beginning of each shift.
- To be totally flexible within the role and within the unit departments.
- Carry out quality checks with improvement action when required.
- Assist in follow-up of Quality Assurance/Health & Safety reports.
- To take on any other duties as and when required
SPECIFIC DUTIES BY DEPARTMENT
BOND - Ref GG17/LHRN/034
- The receipt, handling and appropriate storage of all incoming goods and coordinating / managing stock.
- Sort and assemble bars into flights, working as a team to achieve targets
- To check trolley seals and cross check with customs paper work
DISHWASH - Ref GG17/LHRN/075
- General washing, sorting, assembling, packing and positioning of the aircraft equipment
- Process and strip trolleys and deliver to relevant department
- Off loading and sorting equipment/food and ensuring it is delivered to the correct processing area
- To load / off-load lorries, stack shelves and replenish equipment/food items.
- From specification, accurately palletize shipments.
- Conduct quality, and product date checks.
- Daily stock count of the list
- Stock rotation
- Clean the area
- GCSE passes in English and Maths (or equivalent)
- Good standard of English both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of of Basic Hygiene
- Ideally some experience in a production/manufacturing/stores environment
- Experience of working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Good understanding of English both reading and writing
- Good Customer Service skills
- Positive attitude to work
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Team worker
Early Shift: 06.00am - 14.00pm
Late Shift; 14.00pm - 22.00pm
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability , take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.