Maintenance Technician Mechanical Jobs Vacancy at Balfour Beatty Dartford
Balfour Beatty Dartford urgently required following position for Maintenance Technician Mechanical. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maintenance Technician Mechanical Jobs Vacancy at Balfour Beatty Dartford Jobs Details:
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician (Mechanical) to join our Major Projects team to work in Dartford.
What you'll be doing
As a Maintenance Technician you will:
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Conversant with the operation of all mechanical plant, within the Dartford River Crossing and other M25 Tunnels, under normal and emergency conditions and be capable of operating systems under local or remote control
- Be able to carry out Planned Maintenance and defect repair work on a range of mechanical equipment which includes pumps, fans, pipe work etc.
- Complete any records as required, including daily worksheets, and maintenance report sheets
- Read drawings and carry out fault finding and repairs without supervision
Who we're looking for
- Have a recognised Mechanical Qualification / Apprenticeship
- Hold a CSCS Safety Card
- Have all round experience of welding, plumbing and manufacturing items using workshop machinery
- Have confined spaces experience
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety legislation
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
From wind farms to railways, through tunnels and over bridges; our design and construction teams have been successfully delivering complex projects for over 100 years.
We have a proven record of delivering and managing tailor-made infrastructure and construction schemes for each of our customers. Our recent schemes have included the London 2012 Aquatics Centre, Heathrow Airport's Terminal 2B, Whitelee Windfarm and the White City Development Substation.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.