Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Overt Software Solutions Limited Worcester
Overt Software Solutions Limited Worcester urgently required following position for Infrastructure Technician Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Infrastructure Technician Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Overt Software Solutions Limited Worcester Jobs Details:
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To assist the team in the support, development and training of designated commercial IT Support Services within the Educational, Training and Business sectors. The postholder will be responsible for providing Server administration, backups, security, and monitoring and user support of our customer’s services as well as managing our own hosting servers.
Key tasks/Specific duties:
- Responsible for undertaking 1st and 2nd line software maintenance and support duties within the support team, on a range of projects and services.
- Undertake the maintenance, diagnostic and corrective action of the support team online helpdesk and support call system, in an adequate and appropriate form.
- Ensure that the administration of all servers in the support team and hosted support services are maintained backed up and secured appropriately under the guidance of the Service Delivery Manager.
- Undertake support service installations, web programming, support calls and maintain the support team helpdesk as and when required.
- Provide fault logging/tracking in conjunction with the Helpdesk software.
- Log support calls in accordance with the support team procedures.
- Communicate effectively with customers at all levels (telephone, electronic mail and online support desk).
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments and share such information through team discussions and briefings etc.
- To assist in the development of new, or extend existing web applications using any appropriate solution.
- Assist in the configuration of authentication modules and solutions to connect to user directories using the appropriate means.
- Assist in-house project work and development to enhance Overt Software’s business model and the development of support service and products.
- Perform backups and archival of files stored on the network, including the security and maintenance of backup files, to assist in recovery efforts.
- Assist in maintaining the operating system and security software utilised on Overt Software’s network/online infrastructure.
- This post is primarily based at the Worcester branch, however the post holder might be required to travel to Overt's customer sites within the scope of their duties.
- To train other employees in the technicalities, duties and responsibilities of the post.
- To participate in Overt Software’s Annual Professional Development Review Scheme and to undertake and attend all appropriate training and staff development events to ensure continuous professional development.
- To comply with Overt Software Solutions financial regulations.
- The post holder’s duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with Overt Software Solution’s Equal Opportunities Policies and other policies designed to protect employees or service users from harassment.
- To be responsible for herself/himself and others in accordance with the Data Protection,
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act and, in the case of all workforce supervised, to be responsible for the supervision of the workforce in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, related legislation, Overt Software Solutions Safety Policy, the support service’s safety policy and operating guidance notes produced by HR Overt Software Solutions Ltd.
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the level of the post.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills These skills are essential:
- Experience in using a range of operating systems, specifically Linux
- Experience of installing and upgrading software
- Experience of using a range of software packages, especially open source
These skills are desirable:
- Experience of working in an IT environment
- Experience of delivering a quality service to a client
- Knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of open source technologies (Moodle, Wordpress, Joomla)
- CentOS client and server (Linux, MySQL)
- Familiarity with website design (HTML, CSS)
Personal qualities You will have the following qualities:
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines
- Self motivated and have the ability to organise your own workload
- Can work flexibly or part of a team
- Able to work under pressure and handle urgent requests in an appropriate manner
- Commited to self development
Qualifications required You will be educated to at least GCSE level including English and Maths (or equivalent). An IT qualification would also be desirable.
Future prospects This company is looking at this apprenticeship as being the start of a long career with the company.
Things to consider Do you possess the required level of interest in IT?
Are you able to travel to the place of work in Worcester on a daily basis?
Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than advertised if a suitable candidate is identified.