Cognos Analyst London Asos Careers Jobs Vacancy at Asos
Asos urgently required following position for Cognos Analyst London Asos Careers. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cognos Analyst London Asos Careers Jobs Vacancy at Asos Jobs Details:
We require a Cognos TM1 Analyst Programmer to join us and build our internal delivery capability for the Financial Planning function. Reporting to the TM1 Systems Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for delivering the scope of Phase 2 of our TM1 platform project and linking these to our Consolidation solution from Phase 1.
The role covers the end-to-end lifecycle processes from requirements through to delivery for projects as defined in the Cognos TM1 roadmap using agile delivery methodologies, and includes support and continuous improvement initiatives.
The role will work closely with stakeholders for Finance, Finance Systems and various IT support teams to propose process or system improvements to resolve business problems, deliver efficiencies to improve the planning process, complying with all internal governance and sign off requirements.
What you'll be doing...
- Primary responsibility for the design and development of Cognos TM1 solutions for large, complex cubes and dimensions in alignment with industry best practices
- Build constructive relationships with stakeholders, ensuring expectations are managed.
- Performing business process analysis, requirements gathering and documenting the technical design
- Identify opportunities and deliver continuous improvement of existing models and planning processes
- Working with all stakeholders (including third parties) to debug and resolve issues
- Monitoring performance of planning systems environment and implement improvements as necessary
- Participate in system deployment activities including application upgrades, patches and client installs
- Provide training to end-users on TM1 functionality, models, and report development best practice
- Support the governance of project delivery and business change, ensuring that business and IT issues and associated risks are effectively raised, managed and escalated appropriately
- Contribute to weekly Product Owner engagement meetings, recording outcomes
- Support the end-users during the testing cycle for solutions
We'd like to meet...
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Finance, Business, Accounting or Information Systems
- Extensive use of Cognos TM1 with complex models
- Developing robust planning models & solutions in a large organisation
- Driving business change to migrate users from spreadsheet models to centralised planning applications
- Experience of working in the Finance domain is essential, as the candidate needs to have a strong grasp of finance concepts and terminology from the outset
- Experience of modelling and communicating business process and solution design to varying audiences
- Experience working as an Analyst / Programmer in an Retail environment
- Advanced Cognos TM1 design & development capability
- Report authoring using OLAP
- Extensive exposure to TM1 Architect and performance tuning
- Strong knowledge of TM1 Rules, Feeders, and Turbo Integrator Processes
- Build and maintain Active Forms and Websheets for power users
- Exposure to TM1 server build and maintenance functions desirable
- Able to work independently as part of a cross functional team
- Well-developed influencing and decision making skills, showing clear leadership when it comes to driving out the definition of a problem and its solution.
- Ability to understand policies, procedures, and department objectives and apply that knowledge when making decisions
- Must be innovative and continually seeking to improve the content and efficiencies of our product
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines in a rapidly changing environment with a strong focus on accuracy
What’s in it for you…
- Generous salary, bonus and pension matching.
- Great development programmes.
- Amazing offices and great culture.
- 25 days holiday plus one extra day for your birthday.
- Subsidised gym and canteen.
- Huge staff discount and regular sample sales.
- Life Insurance, medical care, cycle to work scheme.
- And tons more…
ASOS is one of the UK’s top fashion and beauty destinations, expanding globally at a rapid pace. Our values are to be authentic, brave and creative, and we live and breathe these in everything we do.
Where will I be working?
Greater London House, Mornington Crescent, London
What hours will I work?
9.00am – 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday)
9.00am – 5.00pm (Friday)