Head Pricing And Ireland Jobs Vacancy at Merck Kgaa London
Merck Kgaa London urgently required following position for Head Pricing And Ireland. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Head Pricing And Ireland Jobs Vacancy at Merck Kgaa London Jobs Details:
A career at Merck is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Pricing for the UK and Ireland to lead and evolve our companies pricing strategy within the region. The Head of Pricing will be the main pricing point of contact for a variety of stakeholders across the UK and Ireland business. Working collaboratively in a team of Health Economics and Reimbursement experts the Head of Pricing will have the opportunity to develop their knowledge in these areas whilst imparting knowledge and expertise to the wider team. The role will involve the management of an intern which could be ideal for those wanting to develop their leadership skills.
The Head of Pricing for UK and Ireland will be responsible for the proactive development and implementation of pricing strategy for our leading current and future brands, to optimise revenue for the company.
This individual will be responsible for acquiring detailed information regarding competitor pricing landscape and developing strategies to take advantage of any opportunities and defend against potential risk.
This individual will be responsible for horizon scanning future pricing opportunities and risks for our brands.
This individual should take a lead on patient access and managed entry schemes, developing a range of solutions for HTA and CDF in particular.
This individual should look to use the PPRS and other pricing agreements strategically to drive maximum return for the overall business
- Work with BUs, finance, commercial, market access managers, HEOR and other cross-functional teams to:
- Develop and implement pricing strategies for each key brand
- Communicate the developing competitor pricing landscape and formulate and implement strategies to address potential opportunities and risks
- Present and discuss optional PASs and MEAs
- Represent Merck on and National Pricing/Procurement bodies
- Track progress of the development of any price agreements (PPRS, Statutory Scheme, Supply and Pricing of Medicines in Ireland) through industry groups and any market intelligence.
- Lead on investigating how we could use the PPRS creatively to optimise the return that we get from our products
- To lead on the approval and management of prices in COSMOS
- Respond to various pricing requests from Global/other affiliates/other colleagues
- To be the expert on pricing Governance in the organisation and to regularly reinforce the rules that sit around it
- To work closely with the Customer Insights and Business Intelligence department to design and commission any required pricing research
- Take a lead at looking at alternative funding routes outside conventional ones (NICE/SMC etc)
- Take a lead on how we can differentially price by indication and be part of any internal or industry groups that are also looking at this
- Crafting and implementation of LoE pricing strategies
- Management of engagement and negotiations with payors particularly with regard to tenders and contracts
- Respond to other BU pricing needs as required
- Form relationships with European and Global teams to influence decisions and wider pricing strategy that could be passed onto the UK for local implementation
- Communicating UK pricing strategy to wider non-UK teams as needed
- To comply with all UK regulatory guidelines and company SOPs in relation to the 2008 ABPI Code of Practice, IPHA, MHRA and all other authorities related to your functional position.
- Degree qualified.
- Experience of working as a Health Economist, Pricing or Reimbursement specialist.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the health economic landscape within the UK and/or Ireland.
- Previous experience of working within a Pharmaceutical, Biotech or Health Economic/Reimbursement/Pricing consultancy.
- Proven cross functional stakeholder management skills.
What we offer: At Merck, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2merck.com