Information Communications Technology Ict Support Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Southampton City College Southampton
- Information Communications Technology Ict Support Apprentice
- Southampton City College
- Southampton ENG
- 20 Jun, 2018 28 days ago
Southampton City College Southampton urgently required following position for Information Communications Technology Ict Support Apprentice. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Information Communications Technology Ict Support Apprentice Jobs Vacancy at Southampton City College Southampton Jobs Details:
You will work within the IT department and report to the ICT Support Team Leader for day to day tasks. When competent duties will include providing assistance in the following areas, and not limited to:-
- Install, maintain and the upgrade of ICT equipment.
- Rectify problems relating to the malfunction of ICT equipment including software in a timely fashion to ensure minimum disruption to operation at all times.
- Install and upgrade both systems and application software as required adhering to all licensing regulations. This will include regular software patches
- Plan & perform preventive maintenance duties on items of ICT hardware & software, including the cleaning of saved files and equipment.
- Report any suspected security breaches to Manager
- To monitor and maintain general ICT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in a timely manner..
- Liaise with suppliers and external support companies as appropriate
- Record accurately and prioritise support requests, outcomes and time taken in the Helpdesk software (Cherwell)
- To assist in updating the College intranet site and CityBIT (College VLE), ensuring they are populated with current data at all times.
- Create user accounts for staff and customers to access the College network including other specific/departmental software used.
- Assist the team with the continued ICT replacement programme.
- Update and deploy laptop / PC images
Requirements and prospects
Maths, English and IT alongside being a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
- Proactive person who takes responsibility for their learning and continued development in a timely fashion
- Confident in dealing and communicating with people at all levels of the organisation via telephone and face to face when dealing with a user’s problem
- Having the willingness to learn and aptitude to trouble shoot issues would be an advantage
Math, English and IT alongside being a strong communicator, both written and verbally.
Having learnt the skills required to be a successful ICT Support Technician the candidate will possibly have the opportunity to move into a full time ICT Technician role.