Technical Architect Jobs Vacancy at Centurylink London
Centurylink London urgently required following position for Technical Architect. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Architect Jobs Vacancy at Centurylink London Jobs Details:
London or Winnersh, UK
Purpose of Position:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the customer facing EMEA Solution Consulting team that has a proven track record of successful solution and consultancy delivery.
The Technical Architect is accountable for providing high-quality consultancy, design and implementation services for customers within the EMEA region and specializes in Cloud/Virtualization platforms using VMware, AWS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Azure and/or Red Hat Linux systems and related infrastructure technologies. Responsibilities include advice and consulting, technical assessments, complex architecture design, implementation supervision, migrations and/or transition planning, maintenance, project planning, standards validation and development, technical documentation, training, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Deliver comprehensive consultancy services to customers and provide in-depth VMware, AWS, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Azure , Red Hat Linux, and proprietary platform, systems design that meet customer requirements and ensure project wins;
- Demonstrate technical leadership for customers, sales, and other consultants and effectively communicate the technical and business message;
- Ensure the best possible solution is designed and implemented to meet current and future customer needs and requirements;
- Create comprehensive documentation around designs and project delivery and deliver handover information to integration and support staff;
- Work with other Consulting professionals, as well as Pre-Sales, Sales, Operations, Hosting Engineering, Customer Account Managers and Project Management to ensure that custom elements of a solution can be built and fully supported, and that deliverables are clearly defined, and agreed with the customer at the point of sale;
Working in the Solution Consulting team to ensure all technical aspects of customer's requirements are delivered in a timely and coherent manner.
Perform a wide range of design consultancy and implementation engagements based on Cloud and Virtualization technologies and models such as IaaS, PaaS, Microsoft Windows, Red Hat Linux, related CenturyLink product offerings and infrastructure technologies for customers (80% Design, 20% Implementation);
- Be a Virtualization & Cloud SME, assisting with or owning the solution design and ensuring it is implemented to meet current and future customer needs and requirements;
- Execution of Cloud Solutions & Transformation Services projects to new and existing customers;
- Design & implement virtualization solutions around either new datacentres from the ground up or within a consolidation/transformation program (e.g. Physical to Virtual transformations/migrations). Solid expertise on VMware products is vital (including, but not only: vSphere, SRM, vCloud Director);
- Scope and deliver high quality Statement of Works (SOW), RFP responses and other proposal materials to support professional and consulting services activities;
- Participate in sales meetings to actively promote Professional Services and Consulting;
- Assist on preparation and delivery of presentations and proposals with Account Executives, System Engineers, Consultants and Architects;
- Perform billable delivery and consultancy work;
- Successfully lead complex customer accounts or projects, bridging between the needs of the customer and the company;
- Build proof-of-concept environments to showcase technology and integrate into customers' existing IT infrastructure;
- Produce case studies and technical whitepapers on areas of customer interest;
- Some travel may be required through the UK and Europe;
- Success Measurements
Success will be measured by what you accomplish and how you accomplish:
- Have a 'can do' attitude and a willingness to work hard to achieve CenturyLink goals;
- Be a positive, contributing member of the sales teams whose views are respected, and whose direction is followed;
- Champion products from the company and contribute positively to their ongoing success;
- Take ownership of issues;
- Make timely, correct decisions that are based on facts;
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders in the sales cycle;
- Deal effectively with failure; demonstrate an ability to learn from mistakes;
- Have integrity;
- Identify and progress additional sales opportunities relating to a project;
- Be recognised as an expert resource for Cloud Solutions & Transformation consulting engagements;
- Produce high quality proposal and solution documents as a key deliverable from a consulting engagement;
- Work with Business Development Managers and Delivery Managers to track time spent on customer engagements to ensure accurate billing;
- Good experience of using consultative technical sales approach and engagement styles;
- Must have worked in a customer facing role;
- Demonstrable experience in developing and delivering technical design solutions on time and on budget;
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and administering VMware, SRM, Windows 2003-2012 and/or Linux platforms with associated relevant industry/vendor certifications on Microsoft Windows and/or Red Hat Linux and/or VMware (e.g. MCSE, MCITP, RHCE, VCP);
- Previous experience in designing, implementing and administering cloud based technology such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform with associated relevant industry/vendor certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or Professional, MCSA: Cloud Platform (Exams 532, 533 or 535)
- Experience in designing service oriented architecture to fulfil complex business requirements - should be able to design and implement efficient, high quality and cost-effective solutions for Transformation/Migration, Cloud Computing and Virtualization;
- Knowledge of x86/x64 server architectures including blade solutions (HP c-Class, Cisco UCS);
- Strong knowledge & experience of designing, implementing and managing Microsoft Active Directory;
- Knowledge & experience of designing, implementing and managing 3 or more other Microsoft based infrastructure products/technologies, including Azure, Hyper-V, IIS, Exchange, SharePoint, clustering (MSCS), SQL Server, Network Load Balancing, Remote Desktop Services;
- Must have a proven track record of working with all levels with a customer - should be able to engage at CxO level and convey technical information to a non-technical audience;
- Must have the ability to produce and present flowing and articulate presentations, to control the flow and delivery of content to diverse audiences at customer meetings and seminars;
- The ability to lead the delivery of customer focused workshops, showing agility and a capability to be creative.
- The ability to deliver without a pre-defined customer agenda;
- The ability to document solution components in a timely manner while ensuring acceptable level of detail, data integrity, and accountability;
- Strong security knowledge, including lockdown & hardening, security & group policies;
- Experience in automated build processes, scripting languages/tools;
- Knowledge of Visio or other drawing and documentation tools;
- Good knowledge of a vertical commercial environment, e.g. retail, legal, or finance;
- Experience with Cisco & Juniper networking;
- SAN/NAS storage experience (NetApp, EMC, 3par preferred);
- Experience in working for a managed services provider;
- Desirable relevant certifications e.g. PRINCE2, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, DODAF, SABSA etc;
- High level knowledge of data centre environmental facilities including power distribution, UPS systems, generators, air handling equipment, cabling and cable management systems, fire suppression, and security;
- Full UK driving license (with the ability to travel to the company offices and client sites across EMEA).
Bachelors or Equivalent in Business or Computer Science
Masters or Equivalent
Alternate Location: UK-Berkshire-Winnersh; UK-London-Fleet Place
Requisition #: 172424
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process for people with disabilities. If there is anything we can do to help you, please let us know
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability or sexual orientation or any other status protected by local or national law. We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. We participate in the A-Check Pre-employment Screening Program or the Electronic Employment Verification Program, depending on location.
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
Job Segment: Architecture, IT Architecture, Consulting, Engineer, Developer, Engineering, Technology