Manager Technical Program Management Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London
Amazon London urgently required following position for Manager Technical Program Management. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Manager Technical Program Management Jobs Vacancy at Amazon London Jobs Details:
We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to shape how video is consumed for years to come. In addition to a digital video streaming service, we also operate as an original content production house with hits like The Grand Tour, Man in the High Castle, Transparent and Mozart In the Jungle already under our belt. The service is available worldwide on dozens of tablets, phones, game consoles, smart TVs and, of course, on the web at www.amazon.com/video.
You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. As the Sr. Manager for London Core TPM, you will work with product and technical teams located around the globe, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, prioritize to ensure support for the most critical projects, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. An ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a timely manner is critical – as well as helping the team develop the skills, tools, and processes to successfully deliver multiple projects in a high velocity environment.
This role requires working closely with business and engineering leaders within Prime Video and across Amazon to develop technical architectures, simplify product requirements, and deliver projects to customers. You will lead high visibility and high impact programs collaborating with various teams across Amazon. You will own regular communication with senior leadership on technology, dependency management, risk mitigation and program health.
The ideal candidate should have thrived and succeeded in delivering broadly adopted technology products or services in a very high growth environment. You should be a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence. You should have keen business sense and also a deep understanding of technology. Qualified candidates have experience hiring, developing and leading technical teams, defining programs, mapping product requirements to engineering functional specifications, leading large cross functional and cross organizational programs, and successfully delivering complex programs at high scale.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Extensive experience in Technical Program Management experience in a related industry, including hands-on management of large, cross-functional software efforts
- Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to effectively communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
- Experience hiring, developing, and leading technical teams
- Experience managing efforts in distributed systems and/or developing large scale web applications or cloud services
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects through work prioritization, planning and task delegation
Strong bias for action and a "get it done" attitude
- Experience in Video playback and streaming technologies
- Master’s degree in computer science and/or business administration Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on objective criteria including your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all sections of society irrespective of belief colour, race, religion or belief, nationality, ethnic or national origin, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, disability, age or trade union membership. Please let us know if you have any special requirements in relation to this recruitment process.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.