Project Engineer Applications Jobs Vacancy at Edison Technical Recruitment Limited Warwick
Edison Technical Recruitment Limited Warwick urgently required following position for Project Engineer Applications. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Engineer Applications Jobs Vacancy at Edison Technical Recruitment Limited Warwick Jobs Details:
Job Title: Project Engineer - Applications
Job Location: Warwick, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £45k-£50k per annum (dependent upon experience)
Job purpose as the Project Engineer - Applications
Reporting to the Body Structures Applications Manager, this role ensures we have robust oversight of all Body Structures deliverables from early verification prototype builds through to mass production on AM5-based programmes.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- The Applications Leader must ensure Concerns are assigned to the right team members once Containments are implemented by the Launch Team.
- Ensure all issues are resolved in a timely manner, escalating appropriately to the respective Mangers & Leaders where required.
- Ensure all issues requiring an Engineering Change are assigned to the right engineer and ensure these ERNs are delivered on-time. This will require day-by-day follow-up of both the Platform Engineers and the other key functions within the engineering change process.
- Act as the interface between Programmes Office, New Model Launch, Manufacturing and Body Structures Functional Team to ensure all remaining AM562 & AM534 engineering deliverables are executed on-time.
- Prepare the Weekly Applications Engineering Dashboard and present this status in the Applications Engineering Chief Review.
- Collect process and engineering lessons learnt information at the end of each phase ready for formal reviews with the Cross-functional Team.
- Minimum Degree level in Engineering or equivalent relevant experience.
- Masters level qualification in Automotive or Management.
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Underbody, BIW, Closures, Exterior Functional Trim, Fascia Systems within automotive industry.
- Experience of Cost & Attribute Target setting and then managing through to Job#1.
- Experience of working in high pressure pre-production and launch situations.
- Experience of assigning tasks and prioritise to small team to meet deliverables.
- Experience of managing team members who are not their direct reports.
- Experience of working either with Full Service Suppliers or Engineering Service Partners.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to clearly present information to all levels in the organisation.
- Experience of using a milestone delivery process within the Automotive Industry.
- Knowledge and experience of Failure Mode Avoidance techniques.
- NX Unigraphics
- The ideal candidate will be a focused, highly motivated, results orientated individual who works well under pressure and can work to a given deadline.
- Able to lead team members with varying personalities and motivations in an effective manner.
- Able to successfully lead a cross-functional team and ready to step in to take a position of leadership when required.
- Demonstrate a 'lessons learnt' and 'prevent recurrence' mindset both for engineering & process elements of the business.
- Driving licence, Medical clearance to drive company vehicles.
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Project Engineer - Applications, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.