Polaris Developer Jobs Vacancy at Hastings Direct Bexhill
Hastings Direct Bexhill urgently required following position for Polaris Developer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Polaris Developer Jobs Vacancy at Hastings Direct Bexhill Jobs Details:
We are currently seeking a Polaris ProductWriter to join the team on a permanent basis. Hastings Direct is one of the fastest growing insurance companies in the UK, providing car, van, home and bike insurance to over one million customers as well as a full range of additional products and services.
Our growth plans are ambitious – we want to protect one in ten of all UK insurance customers by 2020 and with a customer joining us every 45 seconds we have high hopes to achieve this.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a high performing team who use cutting edge tools which have helped us become one of the UK's fastest growing insurers.
- Develop and maintain Advantage Polaris products (Car, Bike, CV and Home)
- Using Polaris, Radar, SQL, the test harness and any other software as appropriate ensure Polaris programs developed are an accurate representation of the underwriting product rules and tables
- Deliver product updates to agreed time frames
- Assess and feedback where appropriate the feasibility of alternative solutions where appropriate
- Undertake projects assigned to the product development area and see such projects through to completion in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of Polaris and Productwriter and how the tools can be effectively and efficiently used to support the Advantage products
- Ensure completion of all training as mandated by the company and regulated by the FCA.
- Knowledge of Polaris Programming language (Essential)
- Knowledge of Changes and updates to Polaris language and environment (Essential)
- Knowledge of Radar, SQL (Desirable)
- Ability to when required work independently with little or no supervision (Essential)
- Experience in Regression, Batch test process (Desirable)
- Experience of contributing to the delivery of projects using structured project management approaches (Desirable)
- Awareness of motor underwriting & pricing methods and rules (Desirable)
- GCSE passes (A-C) (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- A relevant technical or professional qualification.
- Internal Interfaces with actuarial, segment managers and testing (UW and IT)
- External Interfaces with CDL, CGI, Willis Towers Watson