Senior Electric Vehicle Applications Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Marcus Webb Associates Limited
Marcus Webb Associates Limited urgently required following position for Senior Electric Vehicle Applications Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Electric Vehicle Applications Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Marcus Webb Associates Limited Jobs Details:
£40-60k + package
If you are a passionate automotive industry enthusiast, have a track record of working on technical engineering projects with customers and enjoy travelling with work this this may be a great opportunity for you.
The company is involved with the development of propulsion systems for the electric vehicle market place and has multiple roles open.
As a senior applications engineer you balance a multitude of roles in the team including being a technical specialist and a project manager but also getting hands on with vehicle development, modelling and systems engineering too.
As part of a small team in a growing business, you will need to be a proactive self-starter comfortable working cross-discipline in an international environment supporting vehicle development and prototype projects.
Your projects will probably be with automotive OEMs anywhere in the World hence you will be travelling frequently. The team is multi-skilled and they seek an engineers with a background in mechanical, electrical, electronic, or control engineering that can help complement the existing skills.
Understanding the integration of electric vehicle systems into a variety of vehicles and the design and development of vehicle attributes to meet customer needs would be great.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience:
- Ideally a graduate engineer having gained a relevant degree (e.g. automotive engineering, electrical, electronics, software etc)
- A customer facing, technical and passionate automotive industry enthusiast with the ability to technically lead projects
- Good engineering experience gained within the automotive industry on relevant projects (a background in systems design, development, electronics engineering, control systems, or functional safety) The role will involve some form of design or modelling and hands on engineering to aid in the design and development of electric vehicle solutions.
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of people from various cultural and ethnic backgrounds and understand and interpret customer requirements into technical specifications
- Co-ordinate manage and deliver projects (prototype vehicles etc)
- The engineer will need to be autonomous, manage their own work, problem solve, make decisions, be proactive and think on their feet!
- A “jack of all trades” would do well in this role.
Knowledge of any of the following would be very useful: Battery systems, electric vehicle architecture, electric vehicle integration, chassis / suspension systems, powertrain design and development, ECU development, software control and modelling, electric motors and HV power electronics.
Also vehicle networks (CAN, FlexRay, LIN) and appropriate network tools such as CANalyzer could be useful