Heat Treatment Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby
Rolls Royce Derby urgently required following position for Heat Treatment Manufacturing Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Heat Treatment Manufacturing Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Rolls Royce Derby Jobs Details:
An exciting opportunity for a
Heat Treatment Manufacturing Engineer
has arisen within the Primary Components Operations (PCO) business.
Our nuclear business is a leader in propulsion system design and development for the Royal Navy's nuclear submarine fleet and the sole provider and technical authority, managing all aspects of plant design, safety, manufacture, performance and through-life support. PCO provides design, safety justification, manufacture and procurement of mechanical components for the Nuclear Steam Raising Plant (NSRP).
PCO is going through exciting times and significant change to support our customers. To meet the demands of all our customers we growing our Manufacturing Engineering Capability.
In this role, you will be providing technical ownership to heat treatment processes, delivering components through post weld heat treatment, applying process control, cost effective manufacturing and developing capability to meet customer and business requirements.
- Generating the technical package for the shop floor for the heat treatment of parts to ensure compliance to controlling specifications and meeting design requirements. This will include furnace programmes, data cards, procedures and defining the content for technical instructions, and manufacturing stage drawings.
- Using Build in Quality tools such as process maps, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEAs), and control plans.
- Overseeing running of the furnaces, resolving emergent issues, and providing technical oversight.
- Developing process capability and delivering new equipment.
- Day to day planning of projects in line with project requirements.
- Liaising with other departments such as design, manufacturing, quality, materials and purchasing to ensure delivery of parts through the process to time, cost and quality.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) or relevant technical experience, a passion to succeed and a vision of how modern manufacturing should be achieved.
- UK IEng (Incorporated Engineer) or CEng (Chartered Engineer) or other national equivalent.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the business.
- Analytical skills to interrogate data, create and conduct experimental trials and be adept at technical problem solving.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
Create an ocean of power. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This role is subject to full UK security clearance.
Job - Manufacture
Primary Location - UK-MID-Derby
Schedule - Full-time