Waste Operative Alconbury Recycling Centre Jobs Vacancy at Ferrovial
Ferrovial urgently required following position for Waste Operative Alconbury Recycling Centre. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Waste Operative Alconbury Recycling Centre Jobs Vacancy at Ferrovial Jobs Details:
Waste Operative – Alconbury Recycling Centre Ref: AM01918
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That’s why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.What is the purpose of this role?
We’re looking for a Waste Operative to join us at our Alconbury Household Waste Recycling Centre. As a Waste Operative you will be assisting the public and ensure that all waste is separated correctly and that all recycling is recycled.What will this role involve?
- Ensure the segregation of the different waste streams into the appropriate containers
- Assist the public in separating their waste and provide general advice about recycling
- Greet the public on site and assist them in using the site effectively
- Ensure the safe storage of waste in accordance with the permit requirements
- Ensure that hazardous waste is separated and stored appropriately
- Keep the site clean and tidy and make sure it remains respectable at all times.
- Report all Health and Safety incidents in accordance with Company guidelines
- Manage and implement site policies as directed
- Identification of contaminated recyclable materials and undertake appropriate action as necessary.
- All work to be carried out in accordance with Amey’s company policies, risk assessments and safe working practices.
- Undertake any training necessary as part of the duties required.
- The post holder must comply with the Company Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety at Work Policies.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the designation and grading of the post, subject to any reasonable adjustments under the Disability Discrimination Act.
We’re looking for someone who has good communication skills and has experience of assisting the public, so a helpful nature is required.