Technical Support Engineer Tier Jobs Vacancy at Dell Bracknell
Dell Bracknell urgently required following position for Technical Support Engineer Tier. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Technical Support Engineer Tier Jobs Vacancy at Dell Bracknell Jobs Details:
Why Work at Dell?
Endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities on six continents. A team of colleagues fueled by collaboration. All this, and a company deeply committed to integrity and responsibility.
RSA (part of Dell) Business-Driven Security™ solutions help customers comprehensively and rapidly link security incidents with business context, enabling them to respond effectively and protect what matters most. Our award-winning solutions for threat detection and response, identity and access assurance, consumer fraud protection, and business risk management help RSA customers thrive in an uncertain, high-risk world.
The RSA Netwitness Suite - Technical Support Engineer - Level 1 applies advanced systems level technical expertise to resolve highly complex systems level customer issues. Customer issues may be received via voice initiated calls or emails from RSA Customers or RSA Field/Sales personnel, and Web Support portal.
- Identify, document and escalate customer issues to senior resources.Effectively communicate procedural and technical issues to internal and external customers in a fast paced and customer critical environment.
- Maintain a "closed-loop" communication style assuring all appropriate individuals are notified of ongoing issues and problem resolution status.
- Uses judgment, creativity and sound technical knowledge to obtain and recommend solutions.
- Leads efforts in facilitating problem recreation and failure analysis of systems level issues. Recommends and utilizes a wide variety of test equipment, diagnostic tools and techniques used in problem resolution.
- May provide documentation and direct feedback to Technical Account Managers, Escalation Managers, Sales and other RSA Technical Support co-workers as appropriate.
- Monitors and tracks all service calls, provides call status updates at regular intervals and communicates status to customers using Salesforce.
- As a 24X7X365 organization shift work, holidays and on-call responsibilities may be required.
- Good Unix/Linux knowledge with command line experience. Windows systems knowledge.
- Experience with logging systems (i.e., Syslog, Windows Event Log)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Highly analytical with extreme attention to details and the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately.
- A quick learner capable of working independently on complex networking and application problems requiring individualized analyses of situations, data and an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Strong customer orientation and dedication.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Able to use advanced debugging techniques including analysis of dump files, tracing, and performance tuning and monitoring.
- Understands the essentials of TCP/IP and hands-on experience with configuring and troubleshooting network services.
- Knowledge of IDS/IPS, VPN, routers, switches, firewallsExperience with network security to include packet sniffing, firewall configuration and SSL-based secure communicationsWindows SQL Server 2003/2008 installations, integration and configuration experience.
- Basic UNIX/Linux shell scripting experience
Our people are the most critical component of our long-term success and their health and wellbeing are our priority. You will enjoy a comprehensive, locally competitive benefits package.
Dell is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell encourages applicants of all ages.
If you require any assistance in applying for an open position or have any specific requirements to attend an interview, please contact UK_Talent_Acquisition@Dell.com
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer and aim to ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible.