Global Platts Commercial Graduate Programme Jobs Vacancy at Global London
Global London urgently required following position for Global Platts Commercial Graduate Programme. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Global Platts Commercial Graduate Programme Jobs Vacancy at Global London Jobs Details:
Platts Commercial Graduate Programme has a duration of 18 months starting in September 2018. It begins with an intensive training schedule for the first 6 months focusing on building a foundational knowledge of the commodity markets, developing soft and problem solving skills while learning about various Platts data, research and analytical products. Combined with on the job learning experience, participants must complete and pass certification milestones along with a rigorous evaluation process that will test and stretch their skills and capabilities.
The Location: London, Canary Wharf
The Team/The Business: You will be part of a rapidly growing organization with an exceptional corporate culture. Our data, analytics, and research help our customers make informed, smarter business decisions and investments. We are looking for high achievers from a diverse pool of undergraduates that are passionate about the commodities market and want to develop their career in a dynamic, high performing and multicultural commercial team. You will be someone who can quickly work out how to make things happen through, intellectual curiosity, creativity, exceptional learning agility and problem solving skills as well as effective networking and collaboration skills.
Initially starting as a Client Services Representative, you would be the first point of contact for clients, providing solutions to their requests in a timely, professional and courteous manner. As you progress though the Scheme you will have the opportunity to support sales and ultimately generate additional revenue that helps to grow our business.
Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency worldwide. As the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries and with 20 offices spanning five continents you will form part of a truly globally diverse workforce.
What’s in it for you:
You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global Platts in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality price assessments and analytical information to the world’s financial and commodity markets.
You will get challenged on a daily basis with a steep learning curve. You will get an opportunity to work with a broad range of clients including commodity trading houses, major oil and Gas companies, investment banks, hedge funds and investment managers and get to be part of a large fun and international team with fantastic opportunities for growth.
Career paths after the 18-month initial phase of the program include:
- Relationship/Account Management
- Product Specialist
- Product Consultant Specialist
- Helping clients to navigate and extract data from the S&P Global Platts product range.
- Provide assistance with building models using the S&P Global Platts Excel Plug-in.
- Liaising with the content, commercial and technical teams to address any client queries and ensure our data is maintained to the highest standards.
- Proactively reaching out to clients for training (this will apply towards the later stages of development once fully fluent and certified on the product range).
- Logging all client interactions using our CRM tool (Salesforce) for internal analysis.
- Providing our clients with face to face/WebEx training
- Getting involved in special project initiatives where determined necessary by management
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2.1 in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent.
- Fluent command of English is a prerequisite. Additional languages are highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You must have good telephone manners and be comfortable presenting to large groups both in person or remotely.
- Familiarity with or strong interest in learning about financial markets.
- Good PC skills including the Microsoft Office product range, Sales Force and Oracle.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently.
- Willingness to learn and take on a wide variety of tasks.
About S&P Global Platts:
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com