Route Financial Controller Bristol Swindon Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Swindon
Network Rail Swindon urgently required following position for Route Financial Controller Bristol Swindon. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Route Financial Controller Bristol Swindon Jobs Vacancy at Network Rail Swindon Jobs Details:
The role will lead a team of 16 based in Reading, Swindon, Bristol and Exeter – some travel to these and other route locations will be required each month. The team are also responsible for managing our income from Train Operating Companies. You will need to work closely with the Route Financial Controller [Business Planning and Analysis) particularly on the development and implementation of our CP6 plans.
About the role (External)
The role reports directly into the Route Finance Director.
The start date for this role is February 2018 and will end in April 2019.
1. Manage the implementation of Route business planning processes and the monitoring of action plans for the delivery of business objectives.
2. Challenge Route initiatives and plans to achieve efficiency targets.
3. Provide financial support to the Route management for the establishment of budgets and the period reporting, review and analysis of actual results. Produce accurate forecasts.
4. Provide the technical expertise, on all financial issues for Route management. Monitor financial performance, identifying risks and opportunities and review delivery of corrective action.
5. Lead the finance team to identify resource requirements and recruit as required.
6. Maintain technical standards of accounting in accordance with statutory, regulatory, HMRC and Group Policy & Regulations.
7. Establish procedures and systems of internal control to achieve safe stewardship and custody of assets and maintain the integrity of all financial records.
8. Manage the Monthly Business Reviews (MBR) process for the Route Director and Route Management Infrastructure Director.
9. Challenge delivery unit business and financial performance through the Delivery Unit Business Review process as a key member of the Director’s review team.
10. Manage infrastructure, ‘slip and trip’, employer’s liability, bridge strike, train operating company and other claims raised by and against the Routes and Delivery Units to minimise the risk of loss and maximise recoveries.
· Full membership of relevant professional body
· Finance acumen
· Experience in project accounting and commercial responsibility for major projects
· Experience of working in a matrix management organisation
· Experience within at least 2 different finance disciplines within Network Rail and/or external organisations
· Five years’ post qualification experience
· Other relevant professional or academic qualifications
How To Apply- External
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria. We positively embrace flexible working recognising that employees may wish to balance work and family/home life.
Keeping people safe on the railway is at the heart of everything we do, safe behaviour is therefore a requirement of working for Network Rail. Applicants should demonstrate their personal commitment to safety in their application.
Network Rail can offer you a rewarding career with competitive pay and excellent benefits including a choice of contributory pension schemes, a generous annual leave package, a bonus scheme and an annual 75% subsidy on season tickets costing up to £3,333 (to a maximum amount of £2,500).
We adhere to a structured pay framework, any salary offered will be within the following pay range : £64,512 - £72,576
Network Rail adheres to the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS). This is a government standard for pre-employment vetting. All prospective employees will undergo the required checks to meet this standard before joining the company.
Closing date: 31/10/17 L ate applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.
This vacancy is for a fixed term opportunity - The start date for this role is February 2018 and will end in April 2019