Pension Administrator Level Jobs Vacancy at Barnett Waddingham
Barnett Waddingham urgently required following position for Pension Administrator Level. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Pension Administrator Level Jobs Vacancy at Barnett Waddingham Jobs Details:
Pension Administrator - Level 2
Amersham, Cheltenham, Leeds
This is an open posting with no closing date.
Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values. The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance – and we will do this as a stand-alone “admin-only” appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
- Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the BWebstream database; prepare BWebstream generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
- Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
- Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC (including NICO), The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
- Project based work as agreed from time to time
- Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains
- Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
- Support effective team working and be willing to ask others for support
- Have working knowledge of Shared Workspace (specific for GMP Reconciliation)
- Demonstrate understanding of Scheme Reconciliation Service and how to use this for the benefit of clients (specific for GMP Reconciliation)
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
Experience and Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C or above is essential
- Experience in the role is more desirable than other academic achievement - at least 2 years' experience administering UK occupational pensions: DC and DB is essential.
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
- A desire to progress on to professional pension qualifications if not already done so
Key Deliverables (Objectives)
- Client Satisfaction
- Keen to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge
- Willingness to work towards a professional qualification
- Build strong effective client and team working relationships