Project Support Officer Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Chichester
Capita Plc Chichester urgently required following position for Project Support Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Support Officer Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Chichester Jobs Details:
Role: Engagement & Delivery Office - Support Analyst
Salary: £18,000 - £19,000
Location: West Sussex, Chichester
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven engagement/Delivery officer to join a strong grown and exciting team at West Sussex council.
This role is an ‘apprenticeship’ role with an expected minimum timescale of 2 years. It will consist of 80% on-the-job development and training, and 20% formal training towards Project Manager Certification.
- Responsible for supporting the E&DO Support Manger in the provision of a Financial, Commercial and Management Information service function to, and on behalf of, the Engagement & Delivery team.
- Responsible for supporting the E&DO Support Manger in the provision of help and assistance to Project managers in order to aid timely and cost effective delivery of Projects and/or programmes or work. This may involve the organisation and or the attendance at, project or programme related meetings and the recording of key decisions and actions.
- Provide a general point of contact on behalf of the department for the Client through multiple communication channels such as email, telephone and face to face.
- Produce and distribute regular Management Information (MI) for both the Client and also to meet Capita’s internal requirements. Maintain a pro-active approach to the production of MI ensuring that it meets governance needs as well as the needs of its audience at all times.
- Although based in Chichester West Sussex, the role may require travel to other sites, particularly in the Southern Region
Key Result Areas
- Support the Project Managers to ensure that project trackers are maintained accurately for each project by meeting regularly with PM’s and financial representatives to discuss and assist with their accuracy.
- Responsible for supporting the E&DO Support Manger in the provision of commercial governance prior to the change team commencing work, thus ensuring that NIL work is commenced at risk.
- Support the E&DO Support Manger to ensure that financial limits relating to Capita’s formal commercial governance process (HAT) are fully understood and complied with for the account.
- Support the E&DO Support Manger in the activities associated with the Consolidation of project and programme finances, identifying commercial exposure, payment points and milestones on a monthly basis, to align with the account month end process.
- Work with and support the Capita financial department in the necessary activities to achieve clear and accurate financial reporting for month end, quarterly, half yearly, annually and as requested.
- Effectively estimate costs, timescales and resource requirements for the successful delivery of project(s) and small works to agreed terms of reference
- Define documents and diligently execute small-scale projects and small works, actively participating in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Prepare and maintain realistic project and quality plans and track all activities against plans, providing regular and accurate reports to senior management, and client/user management as appropriate
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviate from agreed tolerances
- Escalates deviations (or potential Deviations) from timescales, costs or quality to senior PM as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Manages the change control procedure, gaining authorisation for revisions to the project(s) from project baseline.
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed and that lessons learned are captured and actioned. Produces appropriate documentation to support these processes
- Provide administrative, financial and commercial support for individuals in the department on an ongoing day-day basis documenting decisions and important outcomes.
- Provide a formal engagement service for the West Sussex County Council Client Team ensuring that engagement requests are properly logged and brought to the attention of the Programme Director. This service also involves providing meaningful and timely feedback to the Client on progress and issues to be communicated as agreed with the Programme Director.
- Support the Resource Management process by attending meetings, maintaining the project ‘pick list’ and publishing key decisions and actions.
- Work closely with the Project Managers and Programme Director to obtain regular updates for the IT Priorities list and maintain this on behalf of the department. This requires working closely with the WSCC IT Client ensuring that they receive accurate information on the status of projects in delivery and those to be started.
- Assist the E&DO Support Manager in the provision of the formal point of engagement between WSCC and Capita ensuring that engagements follow the defined governance process.
- Responsible for the creation of new, and modification of existing, Management Information aligned to the Engagement & Delivery Office processes, whilst meeting the needs of the Client as well as those of Capita.
- Excellent written and Oral Communication
- Financial, Analytical and methodical
- Calm and approachable
- Listening as well as Questioning
- Learning & Inquisitive
- Project management