Service Desk Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Basingstoke
Capita Plc Basingstoke urgently required following position for Service Desk Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Service Desk Analyst Jobs Vacancy at Capita Plc Basingstoke Jobs Details:
You will be the central point of contact for all incidents and Service Requests. The aim of the team is to facilitate the restoration of normal operational service with minimal business/customer Impact.
Your responsible for:
- Restoration of normal service with agreed SLAs, via participation and adherence to the Incident Management process.
- Provision of 1st & some 2nd line support for a wide range of software, applications and hardware technologies.
- After training to act as Major Incident Manager for high priority Incidents
- To ensure that Service Desk tasks are performed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Delivery of high-quality communications to Customers.
- Service Request Fulfilment.
- Change Management administration.
- Reception duties
About Capita | Enterprise Services
We are Capita, the UK’s leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we’ve helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
Enterprise Services’ solutions address the ‘workplace of the future’ and are designed to facilitate the mobility and productivity of employees, irrespective of their location or the device they’re using. Enabling smarter use of corporate and personal devices by combining the best blend of devices, security services and productivity applications we improve productivity and user satisfaction.
What you will do:
- Service Requests: Initial logging of Service Requests, ensuring that correct authorisation has been received; fulfilment of Service Requests according to the agreed processes and procedures; communication with the Customer as to the status of outstanding Service Requests.
- Customer Interface – deliver high-quality communications with Customers during service interruptions to their systems.
- To provide Incident Management: Incident logging and classification within the ITSM tool; provision of initial support with the goal of providing a satisfactory first time fix for the Customer; Incident ownership, monitoring, and tracking; regular communication with Customer to advise of the progress of Incident resolution; Incident investigation and diagnosis; Incident resolution and the restoration of service within agreed SLAs; Incident re-categorisation and closure; and where necessary, following the agreed escalation process.
- To participate in the Knowledge Management process to document Service Desk processes, procedures; knowledge articles and workarounds.
- Greeting visitors on entry to office, liaising with contractors and providing required office access in accordance with the Access Control policies.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times
- Actively contribute to the continual improvement of the Service Desk
- To liaise with other internal support (e.g. DC Ops, System Support, Internal Systems and the consultant) and 3rd party support providers
- Contribute to a good team spirit.
- Service Desk/Helpdesk/1ST Line Support Experience
- Ideally ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate or experience of working in an ITIL aligned business service environment
- Ability to participate in shift rota (08:00 – 18:00 Monday – Friday)
- Ability to serve on-call as a Major Incident Manager, on a 5 week rota basis. (Training will be given for this)
- Ideally 2 MCPs or potential to achieve this level of technical ability.
- Good communication skills must be able to communicate at both a non-IT (customer) level, and a technical level.
- Excellent working knowledge of: Microsoft Products e.g. Windows Server, Active Directory, Office Suites and/or Citrix
- Strong interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
- Strong team ethic and leadership
- Flexible and mature outlook
- The desire and ability to work constructively and effectively with others as part of a team
- Encourages change, actively contributing to new ideas.
- Maintains tenacity and a balanced approach in stressful situations.
- Proactively builds and maintains solid relationships with successful interfaces beyond own team and across the business.
- Keeps promises and honours commitments.
- Excellent time keeping and attendance.
- Experience of using an ITSM tool (Service-Now preferably)
- Able to liaise effectively with all teams both within Operations and other parts of the organisation
At Capita, training and development aren’t optional extras: they’re how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now