Senior Product Owner Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London
Transport For London London urgently required following position for Senior Product Owner. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Product Owner Jobs Vacancy at Transport For London London Jobs Details:
Senior Product Owner 024775 Organisation - Technology and Data Job - Data Analytics Position Type - Full Time
Senior Product Owner
£45,000 - £55,000 + Excellent Benefits
North Greenwich, London
Data and Analytics
Providing a host of data products and services, Data and Analytics drive better decision-making and improved customer services. Our data scientists, analytics and tools help customers in all kinds of ways - from improving their journeys and providing useful information, through to delivering refunds when things go wrong, and enhancing our operational services and planning.
Working within Data and Analytics the role will be working to support a number of initiatives to make data open across the business enabling TfL to make informed planning decisions across the network.
The Senior Product Owner will be accountable for analysing, prioritising and translating complex business requirements into user stories that are implementable by an Agile development team. The role holder is responsible for the creation and ongoing maintenance of the product backlog, ensuring the stories have sufficient information to keep a development and test team running at maximum efficiency.
The Senior Product Owner is tasked with enabling the delivery of high quality software, guiding to ensure backlogs are well maintained, prioritised and led, acting as an effective and efficient conduit between the Agile development team and the business partners.
The Senior Product Owner will have excellent knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Back Office Revenue Solutions – this may include Payments, Rating, Master Data, Data Processing, System Integration
- Front End User Interface Systems – Portals, CRM, Mobile Platforms
- Transport Specific Solutions – GIS, Asset Management, Rostering/Scheduling
- Data Products – Data Warehouse/Analytical Solution (specific to roles in Data Analytics)
- Be the product owner for assigned systems within Data and Analytics area as per the agreed principles of Agile software development - e.g. building and maintaining the product backlog, defining the acceptance criteria, sequencing and prioritisation of stories, ensuring stories are appropriately scoped and that developers have the correct understanding of what is required to be built.
- Be the ambassador and domain expert for the product
- Work closely with development team to prioritise product backlog according to business needs and ensure valuable releases
- Oversee with technical delivery manager and other delivery teams to ensure that work is correctly sequenced and prioritised to avoid delivery conflict in terms of integration points and the release calendar
- Be available and crucial when working with delivery teams as product owner. Help educate them with the best possible information and enable those teams to progress
- Provide sponsors and partners with visibility of product development progress
- Communicate product features articulately to confirm the needs of users and allow development teams an accurate understanding
- Collaborate across the Technology Development and Data and Analytics Agile community to ensure that Agile processes are continually reviewed and improvements implemented.
- Deep understanding in scrum (or Kanban) agile development principles, with a willingness to adapt and learn. (Essential)
- Deep understanding of business intelligence, data warehousing, data modelling and dealing with big data (essential for D&A area)
- Deep understanding of software development and delivery
- A degree in a relevant technology/computer science subject/equivalent technical qualification
- Understand using Team Foundation Server as an agile planning and tracking tool
- Knowledge of relevant national and international legislation pertaining to the Government/Public Sector IT – e.g. Data Protection Act, EU Procurement Directives and Freedom of Information Act, including knowledge of basic confidentiality and data protection requirements that apply to the processing of sensitive and personal information.
- Skilled at solving and communicating issues collaboratively, applying knowledge and technology to the full.
- An able influencer of his/her team and of specialist peers within the department, and of customers and business partners at a project level; makes priority and acceptance decisions that influence the success of team objectives.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and balancing a number of complex work activities including; requirements elicitation and management, interviewing skills, backlog refinement and estimation, prioritisation and acceptance management.
- Excellent oral and written communicator, having good interview and other social skills. This includes the ability to communicate and describe complex technical information in a way that non-technical partners can assimilate the key points, as well as being able to present business value descriptions of requirements to a highly technical developer audience
- Skilled at systems analysis essential for data warehouse/analytics solution construction (essential for D&A area)
- Experienced as a Product Manager or Product Owner role in an agile development team
- Experience with delivering a product in one of the TfL product categories available
- Successful experience in a dynamic environment, handling multiple tasks, ensuring quality on time to budget
- Experience or in-depth knowledge of an aspect of the public transport operating business (both operational and non-operational) desirable.
- Extensive experience and understanding of requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, and validation, in a business sector close to the system being developed (essential for D&A area), preferably within a data warehouse implementation and therefore including data manipulation, and of reporting (desirable for D&A area)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 25th January 2018 @ 23:59
Please apply using your CV and a two page (maximum) covering letter.
Please think carefully about the skills, knowledge and experience outlined in the job description and ensure your CV and cover letter reflects the requirements of the role you are applying for. Short listing will be carried out on the basis of answers to any pre-screening questions and the information on your CV and covering letter.
We aspire to be as diverse as the city we serve, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In return for your dedication and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area and role, but may include:
• Final salary pension scheme
• Free travel for you on the TfL network
• A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan
• 29/30 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
• Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional)
• Tax-efficient childcare payments
• Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme
• Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
• Discounted Eurostar travel
Health & Safety Statement
All employees have a general duty in law to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions.
All employees must understand and be committed to Transport for London’s Health and Safety Policy statement and the Company’s safety priorities and be aware of their contribution to such priorities.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with the current health and safety legislation and other Company requirements that are relevant to their job.
Transport for London values the diversity which exists in our city, and our aspiration is to reflect this diversity in our workforce. All employees must be aware of and committed to the Equality Policy Statement of Transport for London.
All employees must also be aware of and comply with other Company requirements associated with Equality and Diversity issues relevant to their job.
Crime & Disorder Statement
It is a statutory requirement for all departments in TfL to follow Section 17 of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998.
Section 17 requires authorities to consider the likely affect on crime and disorder and community safety in all that they do, and take action to prevent crime and disorder, substance misuse, anti-social behaviour and behaviour that adversely affects the environment.