Transport Scheduler Jobs Vacancy at Worcester Wheels
Worcester Wheels urgently required following position for Transport Scheduler. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Transport Scheduler Jobs Vacancy at Worcester Wheels Jobs Details:
To ensure efficient day-to-day planning and scheduling of all Worcester Wheels transport services and general administrative duties as required.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To lead on booking and scheduling of passenger transport trips using the Flexiroute system, including determining eligibility
- To be the first point of contact for customers either by telephone, email or face to face in a friendly and efficient manner.
- To produce driving schedules for minibuses or volunteer car drivers as far in advance as possible using the Flexiroute system.
- Ensure accurate administration of Worcester Wheels transport services as directed by the Operations Manager, especially passenger registrations.
- To record deadlines for the renewal of vehicle matters (tax, insurance, maintenance, blue badges) and the end or renewal of contracts and inform the Operations Manager accordingly.
- To administer minibus loans as required, inclucing record keeping using the Flexiroute system
- Provide information and advice to customers to a high standard of accuracy and clarity with courtesy and excellent customer skills
- Maintain the Flexiroute system by ensuring customer and volunteer records are accurately updated.
- Provide administrative support to paid and volunteer drivers and office volunteers. This will include keeping volunteer records including drivers’ details, programme of training received, and ensure that all drivers and passenger assistants have up-to-date training and DBS checks.
- Undertake general office duties as directed by the Operations Manager
- Maintain any appropriate systems – electronic and manual – for Worcester Wheels transport services and ensure that all confidential paperwork relating to volunteers, drivers and clients is stored in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
- To administer promotional and fundraising events as required and maintain accurate records thereof as directed by the Operations Manager ; and to administer marketing via social media as directed.
- Work with the Board of Trustees and other staff to implement and work to the policies and guidelines of the organisation.
- To comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Regulations. To take reasonable care for the health and safety of him/herself and for others affected by his/her work and to co-operate with the Worcester Volunteer Centre in ensuring that the Health and Safety responsibilities are carried out.
- To comply with the requirements of Worcester Volunteer Centre’s Equality & Diversity policy and Safeguarding requirements.
- To take direct responsibility for own continuous professional development and to participate in Worcester Volunteer Centre’s Appraisal Scheme.
- To conduct oneself in a highly professional and dignified manner in line with Worcester Wheels Code of Conduct. This applies to conduct and behavior both in the office and when representing Worcester Wheels externally.
- To undertake such other duties as are commensurate with the level and purpose of the post.
Person Specification – Community Transport Scheduler Experience
Experience of dealing with the public both on the telephone and face-to-face.
Experience of call handling, reception and general office administration.
Accurate data inputting for databases and maintenance of computer and manual records
Experienced in the use of Windows software.
Experienced in the use of social media
Experience of working or volunteering for a voluntary or community group
Experience of working or volunteering in the transport industry
Experience of electronic scheduling systems
Skills & Abilities
Good communication and administrative skills
Methodical approach, with attention to detail.
Ability to relate to people
Ability to prioritise during busy times.
Ability to maintain confidentiality & exercise discretion
Ability to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
Good standard of computer literacy
Good numeracy skills
Good local geographical knowledge of Worcestershire
Passenger Transport legislation
Education & Training
To at least O Level/GCSE standard
Consistently reliable and conscientious
Consistently reliable and conscientious
Flexible and adaptable to change
Committeed to equal opportunities and anti-discrimination.
Professional conduct, courteous behaviour