Geography Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol
Zigzag Education Bristol urgently required following position for Geography Educational Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Geography Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol Jobs Details:
Pay from £17,645 to £18,598 per annum pro-rata (depending on
qualifications and experience)*
Full time, fixed term contract (1 year)
This is an opportunity for graduates to share their knowledge and
enthusiasm for Geography through a paid position writing
educational resources that our customers – teachers throughout
the UK – will use in their class to teach KS3, GCSE and A level
What you will achieve:
- Published material that will help future learners succeed in their qualifications
- Experience in publishing and education sectors
- Develop research and planning skills to a specific project brief
- Familiarisation of new teaching requirements set by examination boards for GCSE/A level
- Develop your teaching skills by gaining practise in structuring lessons, communicating theory to GCSE/A Level students, and covering unit specifications.
- Opportunity to develop own resource ideas
- Detailed, wide-ranging knowledge of Geography.
- Ability to apply your creativity and knowledge to produce resources which are presented in an accessible and digestible way.
- Ability to adapt and improve your method of working so that any mistakes identified are not repeated!
- Ability to communicate effectively, concisely – to write with flair and enthusiasm for your subject!
*To qualify for the higher salary rate you must have 3A*s at A Level and a 1st class degree in the subject, or a completed PGCE, or at least a year’s full-time experience writing similar educational materials. Initial 1 year contract starting ASAP. The probation period for this role is six months.
Skills & Qualifications Essential Skills and Experience
- A strong interest in the subject area (including up-to-date knowledge of any recent developments), backed up with an excellent academic record
- Strong research and analysis skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, and to communicate ideas and knowledge with clarity
- Write in a creative, yet clear and coherent style
- Related degree (2:1 or higher)
- Minimum of 2 A’s at A Level
- Grade A in a related A Level (or equivalent qualification)
- PGCE and/or teaching experience
- Experience of writing in a professional context, e.g. freelance educational writing