Apprentice Nursery Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Buttercups Nursery Limited London
Buttercups Nursery Limited London urgently required following position for Apprentice Nursery Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant Jobs Vacancy at Buttercups Nursery Limited London Jobs Details:
Framework and Level: NVQ Level 2 and 3 in Children and Young People's Workforce
Location: Gerrards Cross
Vacancy full description:
Take your first steps into a rewarding career in Early Years education. Earn while you learn. Develop the potential in young children through on-the-job training and gain your nationally recognised qualification on the way.
Contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children. This includes creating a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
Support the aims and objectives of the nursery and assist with the provision of a high-quality establishment for children from birth to five years.
Work for an Ofsted-rated outstanding group of nurseries.
Be supported in your future career with opportunities for your ongoing professional development and career progression through our Early Year's Education professional development programme limited places exist for those who shine.
A fantastic opportunity to begin your career in early years education has arisen. Vacancies exist for number of Apprentice Nursery Assistants to work for an Ofsted-rated Outstanding nursery group. Opportunities exist for career progression and ongoing professional development.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Contribute to a warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally through individual attention and group activities.
- Give support to other team members throughout the nursery setting.
- Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop.
- Look upon the nursery as a 'whole' where you can help be most utilised; be constantly aware of the needs of the children.
- The trainees duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery's equal opportunities policy.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- Be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times.
- Be aware of sections 7 and 8 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Commit to Safeguarding children and provide support to other staff in ensuring children are kept safe and happy.
- Understand that, as part of training, you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery and to other nurseries within the group.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing equipment etc.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery's philosophy is fulfilled.
Pay/working Hours: £140 per week, 40 hours, Monday-Friday.
Expected duration of the apprenticeship: 12-18 months.
Requirements and prospects
- Voluntary or work experience in early years/nursery setting preferred
- General knowledge of how children learn and develop
- Enjoyment of children, interest in their care, learning and development
- Ability to communicate well with adults and children
- Basic knowledge of current practices, EYFS curriculum and statutory requirements
- Very good written and spoken communication skills for report writing, maintaining children's records and learning journeys
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of child protection issues, safety and welfare
- Ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- An understanding of the needs and expectations of working parents
- Demonstrated understanding of equal opportunities
- Commitment to keeping up-to-date with developments in early years care and education including attending training courses
- A love of working with children and developing the potential in others
- Enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- Ability to work with a wide range of people
- Ability to work in a team or individually
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Demonstrated initiative
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality relating to all matters
Qualifications required Qualifications required:
- GCSEs (or equivalent) English and Maths, grade C or above (or equivalent to be able to progress to Level 3).
- NVQ Level 1 or 2 in Early Years or Social Care
Future prospects Possibility of a full-time, permanent position at the end of training with prospects of career progression to more senior roles, together with opportunities for sponsorship to acquire higher early year's education qualifications.
Things to consider Certificates must be proved at the initial interview with Uxbridge College and Buttercups. An enhanced DBS and health declaration will be carried out. Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 (Early Year's Educator)