Project Manager Junior Consultant Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London
Willis Towers Watson London urgently required following position for Project Manager Junior Consultant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Project Manager Junior Consultant Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson London Jobs Details:
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Our work touches the lives of millions of people around the world. We are dedicated to helping our clients deliver transformative employment packages that measurably improve the employee experience.
Willis Towers Watson (WTW) is recruiting for a Junior Consultant/Project Manager position in our market-leading Global Services & Solutions (GSS) Practice based in London, with a focus on delivery of our Global Benefits Management (GBM) offering.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, diverse and successful team. The WTW GSS Practice has an enviable client portfolio that focuses on multi-national companies across all sectors, including Financial Services, Oil & Gas/Natural Resources, Retail, Media, Pharmaceutical, Construction and Engineering, Transport and Manufacturing.
Willis Towers Watson’s GSS team is dedicated to serving the needs of the headquarters of our multinational clients. Operating in the global market place means multinational companies face a variety of different business, cultural, language and regulatory environments. Our GSS helps these companies navigate these challenges. We advise multinational companies on certain specialist topics where the GSS has unique experience, and we also act as a single point of contact to help solve client questions where we draw on the expertise of all our colleagues from around the world.
The role of a Consultant in the GSS is varied and challenging, encompassing a wide range of different types of work. We group our services into four main areas as follows:
Multi-country coordination and project management
- We provide expert advice and coordination for global projects including for example:
- Accounting consolidation for employee benefit plans globally
- Due diligence and integration associated with cross-border mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Benefit inventory, benchmarking against market practice and compliance
- Global broking and other benefits procurement activity.
- We provide advice to headquarters on the most efficient management of their employee benefits. Examples might include:
- Supporting global oversight and governance procedures
- Co-sourcing of benefits management
- Health & wellbeing strategies
- We advise clients on optimal risk management solutions
- Financial, cost and risk control solutions for retirement plans globally
- Multinational pooling and captive solutions
- We support clients in markets where Willis Towers Watson doesn’t have an office, or by supplementing specific knowledge areas as required where we do have offices
- We provide guidance to clients on expanding into new markets, and technical support around supranational issues such as managing expatriate populations and the appropriate use of offshore financing vehicles
As one of the junior Consultants in the GSS UK team, the successful candidate will operate as a project manager with a focus on delivery and day-to-day client management. The role is primarily client and market facing, supporting our multinational clients in the delivery of consulting services to the headquarters and global coordination of local consulting and broking services in the area of medical and other insured benefit programs for their employees around the world. Key tasks associated with this role will be:
Coordinating services to headquarters
Working with senior consultants to:
- Act as the day-to-day client contact to provide updates on local country activities and proactively identify and escalate issues.
- Provide proactive advice around the opportunities to optimize the way benefits are managed globally (effective use of local resources, brokers, consultants, third party providers).
- Keep abreast of changes in legislation, market practice or otherwise, to identify issues that clients should be addressing.
- Support the use of WTW technology to help clients to maximize the value from the information collected.
- Identify opportunities for integrating our services with other consulting services offered by Willis Towers Watson and working with Senior Consultants to support the reaslisation of those opportunities.
- Work with our offshore support centres to ensure updates to the status trackers and population of data in the appropriate benefits inventory tool or databases;
- Effectively manage projects using established project management tracker and technology to deliver a successful project across all countries;
- Work with relevant parties to ensure local broker-of-record letters (or similar) and statements of work are in place;
- With support from our offshore support centres, engage in dialogue with in-country consultants/brokers as needed, to ensure local issues are resolved;
- Participate in regular (as necessary) calls both internally and with the client to communicate progress and resolve outstanding matters;
- Review local broker reports and other communications to ensure consistency of style and message, as appropriate;
- Deal with issues that arise, and escalating as appropriate;
- Ensure that wider client team is kept appraised of issues and brought in to conversations as necessary;
- Develop regional financial and stewardship reports, as required
The candidate does not have to experience of delivering similar assignments, although such experience could be valuable. Rather we are looking for candidates with:
- A positive and friendly approach to work
- A keen desire to learn
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills and good organisational abilities
- An aptitude for managing multiple stakeholder groups
- A keen interest in the International benefits arena.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work effectively in teams, including remotely with colleagues in other countries
- Strong desire to deliver to clients’ high quality results, consistently and a proactive approach to working with clients.
- The ability to deal positively with change
- Comfort in working in a global environment
- The ability to use MS Excel to manipulate and analyse data, as well as a working knowledge of MS PowerPoint and MS Word.