Applied Scientist Manager Jobs Vacancy at Amazon Com Cambridge
Amazon Com Cambridge urgently required following position for Applied Scientist Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Applied Scientist Manager Jobs Vacancy at Amazon Com Cambridge Jobs Details:
As part of our development team you will work within the Amazon Digital Products department. This department has developed significant digital businesses including Amazon MP3, Amazon Video on Demand, IMDB, Amazon Fire TV, Fire tablets and our recently released Amazon Echo.
We are a team of creative people who successfully combine passion and ambition in creating one of the best speech synthesizers in the world, and now are one of the most visible teams within Amazon where you will get the chance to have a huge influence on making a positive impact on customers all over the globe.
At Amazon, we take pride in building complete end-to-end solutions, staring from researching a problem, implementing the solution, building a scalable and reliable service and ensuring the service is there when you need it.
Our goal is to continue to build a Text-to-Speech (TTS) system that takes the user experience to the next level. The challenges we face is handling whole variety of data which need to be pronounced correctly (such as names, surnames, proper names, foreign words), as well as finding correlation of end-user ratings and internal TTS quality metrics. This requires an engineer approach to improve the basis of huge amount of synthesized texts and semantic knowledge of the text to improve pronunciation of context specific words.
As part of our development team you will be responsible for research in speech synthesis, providing analysis using mathematical modeling tools to answer important questions, designing system architectures, utilizing code (C/C++, Perl or Java) and existing tools for modeling or prototyping, effective communication with management as well as with colleagues from computer science and business backgrounds. You will be involved in projects from concept to deployment, working closely with our core technology team, taking part in the complete project lifecycle.
- MSc. or PhD degree in Computer Sciences, Machine Learning, or related technical field.
- Proven track record of achievements in language research and development for Text-To-Speech, Automatic Speech Recognition or Natural Language processing
- Professional experience in software development.
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Proficiency in at least one scripting languages (Perl, Python, Hadoop, Hive, etc)
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design and data structures.
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high commercial impact.
- Knowledge of parametric and/or unit selection TTS technology.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Clear, professional communication skills able to contribute to team discussions.