Data Analytics Manager Jobs Vacancy at Hsbc London
Hsbc London urgently required following position for Data Analytics Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Data Analytics Manager Jobs Vacancy at Hsbc London Jobs Details:
Data Analytics Manager
Business: Global Asset Management
New or Existing Role? New
- The job will involve most or all of the following activities:
- Consult with stakeholders to determine data requirements.
- Generate data from relevant HSBC systems as well as external sources.
- Participation on the design and delivery of reporting applications
- Conduct analysis to detect trends and anomalies
- Suggest remedial actions or escalate detections which give cause for concern
- Share information with stakeholders in suitable forms, these may be charts, tables or templates
- Participate in forums, meetings or events to interpret data and support decision making
- Where team management responsibility is required, Data Analysis job holders will manage the provision of developmental activity for team members and oversee their work schedules to ensure optimum coverage for stakeholders
- The role holder will support AMG to maximise the understanding of its data and increase its profitability through the use of analysis in identifying new opportunities and supporting strategies to achieve business objectives. They will be responsible for developing and executing analytical initiatives as directed, implement best solution within decision systems and satisfying user requirements
Impact on Business
- Helps define and deliver against a prioritised, planned and unplanned programme of work designed to compliment business strategy, maximise profit and reduce risk
- Develop and maintain highly complex anaytical processes to extract data from our existing databases and unstrutured data sets, to deliver analysis across AMG
- Has and maintains an excellent understanding of Financial Services.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Checking the appropriateness of all analysis requests to ensure business units are making the best possible decisions based on known information. Puts forward own ideas and suggestions.
- Data profiling and delivery of models designed to improve business profitability.
- Supports HSBC’s customer management strategy through providing appropriate insight.
- Key business contact for functional area, building relationships with stake-holder and ensuring that the team get exposure and recognition for deliverables.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers (internal and external) and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets
Leadership & Teamwork · As for Specialist Individual Contributor, but in a leadership role e.g. is a highly specialised resource/ manages a complex technology.
· Support achievement of the HSBC vision, values, goals and culture in personal behaviour, actions and decision making.
· Provide technical leadership and support technical excellence by searching out external best practice, monitoring technical and professional developments, sharing knowledge and encouraging others to do the same in the best interests of HSBC and its customers.
- Encourage and enable constructive cross-country and cross-business teamwork by demonstrating collaboration and matrix management in action and challenging actions and behaviours that are not consistent with HSBC's diversity policy and/or the best interests of the business and its customers.
Operational Effectiveness & Control · Develop and recommend changes and improvements to operating models, procedures and practices based on subject matter expertise and understanding of HSBC and market best practice.
· Communicate and adhere to HSBC policy and procedures in order to ensure good operational, financial and project management, policy and procedural compliance and early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues that arise.
· Contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of a management information, analysis and reporting framework that supports and informs timely and effective business management and decision making at all levels.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of the application of policies, governance frameworks, procedures, practices and standards to ensure quality, effective risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Data Analytics capabilities and ongoing investment in Data Science platform are crucial components in achieving the Data Strategy for AMG.
- Initially the Data Analytics team focused on enabling AMG to accurately measure Data Quality to understand the effectiveness of information contained within AMG platforms and build the foundations of a Data Discovery platform for Data Analytics across AMG.
- Into 2018 this platform will serve as the basis for a new Global AuM and MI reporting capability supporting Sales, Client Propositions and Finance. Thereafter it will support the majority of functions within AMG - regulatory reporting through analysis of disjointed data sets, risk reporting through look-through and stitching together data sets unable to be analysed in traditional tools, and revolutionise front office reporting capabilities.
- In short this role is an investment in core analytical skills and capabilities which AMG has started to grow and which is being leveraged to reduce costs of analysis and Business Intelligence within our peers.
- The role holder will join an expanding team of Data Analysts in London and Bangalore within the AMG Data Organisation and be expected to build relationships across AMG, at all levels. Within the HSBC Group they will work with Big Data and Data Science colleagues and AMG IT.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensure that the capability remains at the forefront of developments and new trends in analytics and research to ensure that the Company remains ahead of competitors and the market.
· Development and execution of Data Profiling and Data Quality measurement solutions, and governance of critical data entities
· Work with AMG functional teams (Investment, Product, Finance, Sales, Operations and Risk) to identify opportunities to apply data science effectively to improve commercial performance, operational efficiency and efficiency.
· Act as a data thought leader, evangelising the power of data science to drive our strategy and maximise revenue opportunities
· Work alongside the Data Architecture function to improve business understanding and data models
· Build Machine Learning models to improve retention, new business acquisition, risk monitoring and global portfolio management
· Advise business users and other analysts on analytical techniques, tools and technologies
· Establish strong relationships with all stakeholders and ensure work is prioritised according to business need and opportunity. Deliver analytical projects on time and to budget.
Management of Risk
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the behaviours that form part of the HSBC Values and culture and adhering to HSBC risk policies and procedures, including notification and escalation of any concerns and taking required action in relation to points raised by audit and/or external regulators.
- The jobholder is responsible for managing and mitigating operational risks in their day to day operations. In executing these responsibilities, the Group has adopted risk management and internal control structure referred to as the ‘Three Lines of Defence’. The jobholder should ensure they understand their position within the Three Lines of Defence, and act accordingly in line with operational risk policy, escalating in a timely manner where they are unsure of actions required.
- Through the implementation the Global AML, Sanctions and ABC Policies, supporting Guidance, and Line of Business Procedures the jobholder will make informed decisions in accordance with the core principles of HSBC's Financial Crime Risk Appetite.
- The following statement is only for roles with core responsibilities in Operational Risk Management (Risk Owner, Control Owner, Risk Steward, BRCM, and Operational Risk Function
- The jobholder has responsibility for overseeing and ensuring that Operational risks are managed in accordance with the Group Standards Manual, Risk FIM, & relevant guidelines & standards. The jobholder should comply with the detailed expectations and responsibilities for their core role in operational risk management through ensuring all actions take account of operational risks, and through using the Operational Risk Management Framework appropriately to manage those risks.
- This will be achieved by:
- Continuously reassessing risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring, addressing areas of concern in conjunction with Risk and relevant line colleagues, and also by ensuring that actions resulting from points raised by internal or external audits, and external regulators, are correctly implemented in a timely fashion.
Observation of Internal Controls
- The jobholder will adhere to, and be able to demonstrate adherence to, internal controls and will implement the Group compliance policy by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures.
- The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The following statement is only for roles with managerial or specific Compliance responsibilities
- The jobholder will implement measures to contain compliance risk across the business area. This will be achieved by liaising with Compliance department about business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with regulators.
Experience / Education
- Programming languages Python, R, HIVE and database languages like tSQL or PL/SQL
- Big Data technologies like Spark and Hadoop
- Data wrangling tools like Trifacta or Pentaho
- Visualisation technologies like Tableau (preferred), Qlik or other
- Working with third party service providers like Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience as a Data Analyst in a regulated industry
- Proven track record of creating and delivering Analytical Insight and Business Intelligence
- Understanding of data modelling practices (E/R, Relational, Data Semantic, Conceptual)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with competing and rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to develop cohesive working relationships with internal/external stakeholders
- Ability to bring analytical rigour and structure and effective solutions to poorly-defined problems
- Typical qualifications would include a Bachelor’s degree / equivalent
- Experience working with senior stakeholders in a global environment is desirable
- Navigating – understanding and translating programme objectives and aligning directions accordingly
- Aspiring – being ambitious about providing the highest standards of delivery
- Driving – setting stretching goals for self and teams and delivering them with courage and tenacity
- Mobilising – authentically engaging with team, colleagues and business partners to deliver at pace
- Sustaining – making considered decisions that protect and enhance HSBC values, reputation and business
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.