Design Manager Jobs Vacancy at Interserve Leicester
Interserve Leicester urgently required following position for Design Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Design Manager Jobs Vacancy at Interserve Leicester Jobs Details:
Key member of the senior project team responsible for the design function and team (both internally and externally).
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of undertaking design management activities at both tender and construction stages. This experience will include working on single stage, two stage and negotiated contracts across a range of sectors including education (schools, further and higher), health, commercial, residential, accommodation, retail and industrial.
- Develop innovative design solutions to clients briefs with input from the professional team and subcontractors;
Manage the relationship for the whole project team - with the client, subcontractors and professional team resolve any queries;
- Understand the process and risks/opportunities related to managing the design with regard to Employer’s Requirements, Contractors’ Proposals.
- Identify and check contents of Contractors Proposals, qualifications list, design information and marketing documentation for the tender and then be able to deliver compliant design within these parameters.
- Adopt a proactive approach to value engineering throughout the design phase, by keeping up to date with latest construction techniques and legislation;
- Develop and utilise scope sheets for each package in conjunction with Project and Commercial Managers to align with duties schedule and utilise these to feed design and procurement programmes and direct design team;
- Develop and manage the programmes for the production of information for both procurement and construction purposes. Be able to control information flow to suit these parameters from consultants and sub-contractors alike and be able to identify and report when problems are occurring and deal with no-performing parties in a robust fashion;
- Produce, monitor and drive production though appropriate use of KPIs for the design process;
- Review the design on an ongoing basis, identify potential interface problems & practicalities in construction, and resolve with the design team and specialist subcontractors;
- Attend appropriate Contractor selection interviews, including preparation beforehand;
- Review any subcontract enquiries to subcontractor designed packages;
- Appoint / vet the Design Team. Ensuring terms and conditions of appointment/novation are acceptable, lead designer role is defined and all services we would normally expect are included;
Develop relationships with clients during early concept stages; manage expectations of the project through regular communication and discussions regarding requirements and specifications;
- Chair and minute design team meetings and design workshops to arrive at solutions which are cost effective and meet the requirements of the procurement and construction activities.
Knowledge skills & experience
- Competent user of MS packages e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word (essential);
- Experience of Powerproject Teamplan or similar (desirable);
- Competent user of Collaborative platforms such as 4Projects;
- Causeway or similar estimating software (desirable).
- Comprehensive site experience in engineering or site management role (essential);
- Well developed Technical Construction knowledge (essential);
- Knowledge of current Building Regulations (essential);
- Knowledge of fire compartmentation (highly desirable);
- Knowledge of current BREEAM/Passivhaus requirements (essential);
- Degree qualified in a relevant construction subject (essential);
- Professionally qualified e.g. MCIOB (desirable);
- Understanding of M&E design and interface with build (essential).
- Ability to communicate with a range of people at all levels, both verbally and in writing (essential);
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team, output driven;
- Adaptable and flexible (essential);
- Ability to plan, report organise and project manage, especially in relation to programme output (essential);
- Analytical problem solver (essential);
- Client and customer focused in order to build productive relationships (essential);
- Ability to make reasoned and informed judgements and decisions (essential);
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment (essential);
- Effective leadership skills (essential).