Tax Manager Jobs Vacancy at Aviva York
Aviva York urgently required following position for Tax Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Tax Manager Jobs Vacancy at Aviva York Jobs Details:
Aviva provides around 31 million customers worldwide with insurance, savings and investment products. We are the UK’s largest insurer and one of Europe’s leading providers of life and general insurance. We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset management businesses under one powerful brand.
We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to work.
Aviva’s a new global operating model for Finance, based on shared services supporting the markets and a leaner corporate centre consists of four pillars.
The four pillars of this global operating model are:
- Aviva Finance Markets (AFM): a commercial team who will be a co-pilot to the market CEOs and business leadership teams.
- Aviva Finance Operations (AFO): a highly effective and agile team managing resources and providing excellent services to the rest of our function.
- Aviva Finance Technical (AFT): a team of Finance experts who will leverage our global technical expertise in areas like investments, tax, hedging, re-insurance and actuarial advisory to provide “solutions” which are consistent across Finance.
- Aviva Finance Corporate (AFC): an insight-oriented team who will own headquarter functions such as Investor Relations, Capital Allocation, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
The Group Tax team is part of Aviva Finance Technical and is responsible for Aviva’s compliance with its obligations in respect of tax and tax risk and oversees tax risk globally. In particular, the team:
- Is responsible for the submission of all statutory and non-statutory tax returns across all taxes.
- Advises on all tax disciplines, including corporation tax, life tax, VAT, insurance premium tax, employment taxes including NIC and the construction industry scheme.
- Supports the interpretation and implementation of new tax legislation and participates in and responds to consultation on with HMRC and HMT.
- Participates in industry bodies and professional groups.
- Provides relevant training both to Tax staff and to colleagues across the business on relevant tax matters.
- Open, transparent and collaborative approach.
- Proactively takes on & achieves ambitious targets.
- Embraces change, and willing to test new ideas.
- Constantly seeks to simplify complex issues/ processes and identifies key points for management focus.
- Constantly review existing process and methodologies to propose improvements.
- High mental agility.
- Demonstrates good judgement.
- Flexible “can do” approach.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Senior Tax Manager on UK corporation tax, group IFRS and Solvency II tax reporting processes.
- Acting as key member of the tax team responsible for liaison with Aviva Finance Operations, Aviva Finance Markets and Aviva Finance Corporate teams on tax issues.
- Communicating the impact of tax on group KPIs to senior stakeholders in Aviva Finance and within the wider tax team.
- Ensuring systems and controls operate to manage, consolidate and report tax impact on IFRS and SII reporting numbers.
- Supporting with analysing tax impact of transactions, regulatory and accounting developments and communication of key messages to senior stakeholders.
- Assist the Senior Tax Manager with projects (e.g. implementing changes to compliance and reporting processes post external developments).
- FRCF in relation to tax reporting processes
Skills & Experience required
- Accounting and/or Tax qualification e.g. ACA, CA, ACCA, ACMA, CTA
- Good understanding of UK Corporate Tax principles, preferably in financial services industry.
- Analytical ability and good data management skills.
- Good understanding of IFRS and IAS 12 in particular.
- Basic understanding of SII capital tax requirements desirable.
- Ability to communicate complex issues clearly and build relationships.
Prior experience of IFRS consolidated tax reporting, preferably within a complex insurance or financial services group.
Bring to Aviva what makes you different and we’ll support you to do the best work of your life. We encourage applications from everyone who wants to help us achieve our purpose of helping our customers to Defy Uncertainty.
Becoming a more inclusive and diverse organisation is a business imperative. 87% of our people feel that people from diverse backgrounds can succeed at Aviva. We are accelerating our strategy through innovative practices and expert partners.
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we like to work. This may include working from home some of the time, of flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and career responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Alistair Buchanan in the Resourcing team on firstname.lastname@example.org