Maths Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol
Zigzag Education Bristol urgently required following position for Maths Educational Writer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Maths Educational Writer Jobs Vacancy at Zigzag Education Bristol Jobs Details:
Pay from £17,645 – £22,952 per annum pro rata (depending on
qualifications and experience - a higher rate is available for
Working as part of a friendly team of fellow writers and
graduates from various subject areas, you will be responsible for
writing primarily A level but also GCSE Maths questions for
various exam boards.
This is an opportunity for university graduates to gain relevant experience in the publishing and education sectors (valuable for those considering a career in teaching).
Typical work activities
- Researching question types and styles from sample assessment material
- Writing original questions for new mathematics resources
- Updating and re-using content from existing resources
- Checking draft resources against specification criteria and identifying areas for improvement
- Grade A or A* in A Level Maths (highest grade available)
- A Level in Further Maths (one of the top two grades available, A/B or A/A*) and/or a degree in Maths or a related subject (with at least a 2:2 or equivalent achieved or expected)
- PGCE and/or teaching experience
- Generally academic A Levels and GCSEs
- Experience of writing in a professional context, e.g. freelance educational writing
- Highly concise and methodological working habits, including reporting and documenting methods to ensure confidence in the final resource
- Attention to detail – to identify potential errors or omissions
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in accordance with project briefs and set timescales
- Ability to organise your workload
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both in your work and when liaising with the subject editor
- Enthusiastic and motivated to work as part of a small team, giving and receiving constructive feedback and proactively looking to improve the team performance
- Published material which will be used by teachers and students in schools across the UK
- Invaluable experience for a future career in teaching, as well as publishing and education sectors
- 6 month contract (starting ASAP) with the possibility of further work
- 40 hours per week, based in our office in Westbury-on-Trym
- Pay from £17,645 – £22,952 per annum pro rata - dependent on qualifications and experience
- 3 month probation period