Strategic Events Ordinator Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Reigate
Willis Towers Watson Reigate urgently required following position for Strategic Events Ordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Strategic Events Ordinator Jobs Vacancy at Willis Towers Watson Reigate Jobs Details:
This role is based in our London office and will involve working closely with the Director of Strategic Events, GB and EMEA, to deliver client facing events and client hospitality across all businesses. Proven experience of helping to co-ordinate multiple events, a good understanding and experience of event management in an in-house environment is required. The ability to co-ordinate and help deliver events which fulfil objectives for specific businesses. This will include project management of the event, pre/post event evaluation, managing and analysis of budgets, supporting list management, venue sourcing and contract negotiation, together with event branding, catering, speaker liaison and co-ordinating all logistics.
Experience in dealing with business hosts and clients is required, with good communication skills and an ability to demonstrate a strong team and client-facing focus. This role requires a “hands on”, flexible person who is able to work under pressure to prioritise competing needs whilst maintaining high quality standards.
This position can be based either in Reigate or London, Lime Street but flexibility to travel is essential.
- Planning and co-ordinating a diverse range of events
- Supporting the Director of Strategic Events to finalise event briefs when required
- Brief and manage internal and external suppliers, including venue searches as necessary
- Produce project plans and timelines to deliver events and keep them on track
- Set up and attend regular planning meetings and keep core team updated on progress
- Creating websites for events as well as online registrations
- Use the Client Information System, Event Management Tool and other relevant applications to support the delivery of events
- Regular communications with clients as well as dealing with all queries and requests
- Produce pre-event documentation including agendas, delegate lists, feedback forms, breakout schedules and table/seating plans
- Produce post event materials, including final attendance lists, event feedback, updating costs and follow up activities
- Deliver a quality product that reflects the professionalism of the company
- Monitor costs within budgets.
- To put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
- Events Management Degree or equivalent qualification
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrating a proactive and solution-focused approach
- A fast learner who wants to progress in their career to be able to manage large scale complex events in the future
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, plus an ability to grasp new software quickly
- Ability to be self-sufficient and manage own workload once it is assigned
- Proactive approach in undertaking a variety of responsibilities and able to work under pressure within a fast paced environment
- Flexibility to travel
- Able to demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness and able to monitor own work to ensure quality
- Flexible in working outside of core hours
- A key team player including supporting team members as necessary.
- Previous experience in an events co-ordinator role within a corporate environment
- Knowledge of European events would also be advantageous
- Proven project management experience, including continually monitoring deadlines, communicating effectively and problem solving
- Previous proof reading experience with an excellent eye for detail
- Experience of handling logistics for events, database management and working with external venues.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.