Senior Principle Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Sitec Bristol
Sitec Bristol urgently required following position for Senior Principle Design Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Principle Design Engineer Jobs Vacancy at Sitec Bristol Jobs Details:
Sitec are currently recruiting for a Senior Principle Design Engineer with an Electrical background, for our client based in North Bristol for an estimated 6 month contract initially.
The Senior Principle Design Engineer will require experience in electrical High Voltage and Low Voltage systems, full tasks and responsibilities are:
- Managing design work in appropriate engineering disciplines.
- Executing duties in accordance with Company procedures for training, health and safety, personnel, quality and project requirements.
- Reviewing existing Company procedures and Project controls and identify new controls to provide improved quality assurance, and improved cost against deliverables.
- Acting as Design Authority for engineering aspects of the client's products.
- Authorising design documentation as required.
- Chairmanship of Design Reviews (of appropriate Categorisation) to identify best technical solution to fulfil Project objectives.
- Representing Group and/or Department as required.
- Managing design projects in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Managing work to time, cost and quality.
- Providing professional engineering support to surface ship, submarine, commercial and equipment projects.
- Providing business development support across the client's Design & Technology division.
- Performance and management of system requirements, concept design and modelling.
- Ability to manage a team to interpret a design requirement and create a design solution.
- Acting as Independent Technical Assessor and performing Inter Department Checks, Concession Analysis, and the like.
- Preparation of Project and Department Plans and Tracking and Forecasting, Assistance in Preparation of Bids in related subjects,
- Recruitment and Management of staff at all appropriate levels.
- To behave at all times in a manner commensurate with that of a professional engineer.
- Manage staff as required in accordance with company and HR policies and procedures. Bidding
- Managing design teams involved in the preparation of technical aspects commercial tenders.
- Managing preparation of Technical Reviews in support of tender responses requiring design input. Project
- Acting as Design Manager responsible to Project Manager for Projects.
- Management of technical aspects of selecting sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
- Management of technical aspects of work carried out by sub-contractors and/or suppliers.
- Liaising with Project to resolve Project issues.
- Liaising with Production to resolve manufacturing problems.
- To actively seek and win work for the appropriate Discipline.
- Business Stream Directors and their Business Development Managers providing SQEP resource where possible.
- Appropriate Project Managers: for budgets, timescale and priorities.
- Design subcontractors: to ensure compliance with the Design Intent.
- Project and Production Teams: to resolve technical queries.
- Directly responsible to other PDEs or the Senior Operations Manager
- Manage the preparation, checking and authorising of design documentation.
- Represent the Client's Design Authority when requested to do so.
Academic: It is essential that the post-holder has a minimum of a second class honours degree or comparable academic standard, in an appropriate discipline and should hold Chartered Engineer status via an appropriate Institution.
Experience: Demonstrable evidence of having worked in the field of the appropriate Discipline design, analysis and technical management at an appropriate level.
Successful applicants for the Senior Principle Design Engineer - Electrical must meet eligibility requirements to obtain UK Security Clearance.
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.