Assistant Buyer Sports Leisure Jobs Vacancy at John Lewis Victoria
John Lewis Victoria urgently required following position for Assistant Buyer Sports Leisure. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assistant Buyer Sports Leisure Jobs Vacancy at John Lewis Victoria Jobs Details:
Duties & Responsibilities As an Assistant Buyer within John Lewis you will be given the platform to flourish, taking on a high level of responsibility and creating inspiring assortments for our customers. Our passion for product is driven by the demanding nature of our customers, who consistently challenge us to find the latest and greatest ranges.
Positioned within the Sports & Leisure Buying Office, the Assistant Buyer will be responsible for several large product categories and relationships with a range of suppliers from industry leaders to niche, new brands. Job Requirements Were looking for the following abilities from our successful candidate:
- Achieve a high level of department efficiency through leading the day-to- day buying office operations with the buying team and supports relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for the development and progress of Buying Assistant(s) and is seen as a coach for other new/less experienced members of the team.
- Present new opportunities and vision for your category, with commercial and customer reasoning.
- Communicate Buyers vision in a clear way to internal stakeholders by demonstrating an adaptive, influencing communication style.
- Ensure product selections meet the needs of the customer and align to department strategy.
- Develop in depth knowledge of all brands within the category and articulate their trade performance with authority.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the profit cycle of all products, building plans to offset any risks.
- Understand the value proposition in the market - including price, exclusives, gift sets etc. and compare this to the JLproposition.
- Develop the strategic direction for the category and take the lead on all suppliers within that. -
set and support the BA in setting the strategic direction for their brands with SMART objectives.
- Hold suppliers to account for their sales and profit performance, recommending opportunities for growth in a collaborative
- Agree marketing plans with all brands ensuring that we are maximising the value from each of our assets. Balance the commercial needs of the business with the customer requirements to ensure all marketing drives commercial gain and customer engagement. Required essential experience skills and qualifications Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- Proven experience in supplier relationships and negotiation
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Able to gain support for key initiatives through interactions with stakeholders
- Range planning/building experience
- Previous Buying experience Required desirable experience skills and qualifications Please consider the following when making your application:
- We reserve the right to close vacancies early in light of a large response
- Print off the job description now if you require it
- Ensure you have an up-to-date CV